Pop Quiz Hot Shot

• Thread starter PseudoKiller
  • Start date
P

PseudoKiller

I am bored and I thought I'd ask a question to see if anyone could come up with the answer.

In Photoshop they're several modes with how one can view and edit images. One of these modes is called CMYK.

Whats does it stand for(C M Y K)??

What's it primarily used for ??

Sorry but no...

new rule:

No mods smods or admin are allowed to answer.

Why,

Because its my game and if I dont get my way I will take my game and go home :p

/me pokes PK

hmm... seems like the ghost of scrooge has taken over this piddly l'il body

Originally posted by Sazar
/me pokes PK

hmm... seems like the ghost of scrooge has taken over this piddly l'il body

sweet, I have a piddly little body...

If i was allowed to answer i would say

"The CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) color space is commonly used in color printers, due to the subtractive properties of inks. Cyan, magenta, and yellow are the complements of red, green, and blue, respectively, and are subtractive primaries because their effect is to subtract some color from white light. Color is specified by what is removed (or subtracted) from white light. When a surface is coated with cyan ink, no red light is reflected. Cyan subtracts red from the reflected white light (which is the sum of red, green, and blue). Therefore, in terms of additive primaries, cyan is blue plus green. Similarly, magenta absorbs green so it is red plus blue, while yellow absorbs blue so it is red plus green. A surface coated with cyan and yellow ink absorbs red and blue, leaving only green to be reflected from white light. A cyan, yellow, and magenta surface absorbs red, green, and blue, and there is black. To maintain black color purity, a separate black ink is used rather than printing cyan, magenta, and yellow to generate black. As an interesting side note, white cannot be generated unless a white paper is used (i.e., white cannot be generated on blue paper). "

Bu i wont :)

CMYK = (C)Cyan (M)Magenta (Y)Yellow and (K)Black.

It is primarily used for images that are going to be printed, as this is the color system that printers use, so using this will give you an accurate depiction of what an image will look like when it is printed on your computer screen.

Where as RGB (Red, Green, and Blue) is used for images that will be viewed on a computer( ie websites).

Oops forgot the no mod, smod, admin rule :p

Originally posted by Khayman
If i was allowed to answer i would say

"The CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) color space is commonly used in color printers, due to the subtractive properties of inks. Cyan, magenta, and yellow are the complements of red, green, and blue, respectively, and are subtractive primaries because their effect is to subtract some color from white light. Color is specified by what is removed (or subtracted) from white light. When a surface is coated with cyan ink, no red light is reflected. Cyan subtracts red from the reflected white light (which is the sum of red, green, and blue). Therefore, in terms of additive primaries, cyan is blue plus green. Similarly, magenta absorbs green so it is red plus blue, while yellow absorbs blue so it is red plus green. A surface coated with cyan and yellow ink absorbs red and blue, leaving only green to be reflected from white light. A cyan, yellow, and magenta surface absorbs red, green, and blue, and there is black. To maintain black color purity, a separate black ink is used rather than printing cyan, magenta, and yellow to generate black. As an interesting side note, white cannot be generated unless a white paper is used (i.e., white cannot be generated on blue paper). "

Bu i wont :)

Damn, you barely beat me :p

cyan,magenta,yellow,black

In theory, pure cyan (C), magenta (M), and yellow (Y) pigments should combine to absorb all light and produce black. For this reason these colors are called subtractive colors. Because all printing inks contain some impurities, these three inks actually produce a muddy brown and must be combined with black (K) ink to produce a true black. (K is used instead of B to avoid confusion with blue.) Combining these inks to reproduce color is called four-color process printing.

what's the prices i've win?? :p

omg thats to funny... you guys got me. I should know better.

ares wins anyway !!!!! WAHOO !!!!

now I have to think up another question...

I dont know if I have ever asked this one before but here it goes....

If you add black to the yellow, what color does it become??

Originally posted by ViperSnake
Dark Yellow? :)

Captain Clueless to the rescue... wrong.

Wow, I thought this would be an easy one, but if Vipersnake didnt get it, there's no hope. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back