Politics

L

Lee

I at this moment, am watching skybsb (sky) news, enjoying and sadly seeing the funeral of Ronald Reagan. The speaker is getting tearful. Yes I got the 5k barrier on Squirrel footy also, whilst listening to Jerusalem at the funeral, my favourite.

Right to my point, I have been watching also the UK's councils and european voting, with sheer delight. At the moment Labour (scumbags) are -434 with Tories +198, Liberals (yawn get off, of the fence guys) +131 and independants +100, these are all gains or losses.

It bought to mind when Lady Thatcher a.k.a. the Iron Lady a.k.a. Margeret Thatcher, was speaking she too suffered the loss of her husband Dennis this year, just hearing her speak made me think she too will be joining back to a great team with Ronnie in where ever their souls may go, she sound like she is ready to kick the bucket.

This reminds me of when I was a kid in 79 3rd year of junior school when Lady Thatcher became p.m., they finally got rid of a Labour government that had basically sent the UK into a near third world.

Europe and America where also going down this road, I just give thanks to Lady Thatcher and Ronald Reagan for what they did to turn this around and under Regan stopping the Soviet Union from causing a war that would nuke the whole world I doubt any of us would be here now.

Some may not like the fore-mentioned, I don't really care what you thin actually, I would just like to thank Ronnie for saving us from world destruction and Lady Thatcher (she actually wore the trousers in that Ronnie and Maggie relationship) for being a good listner.

R.I.P. Big Ron :)

I feel very emotional about the funeral as it's a piece of history in my lifetime gone for good. :(

It really sucks when someone dies, especially from such a debilitating as Alzheimers. But lets not forget all the crap that Reagan did; his vison of the economics, etc, etc. He may have brought the US back to the world's center stage once again, but internally he destroyed the country. At the end of his presidency, the average person was making less in "real" dollars than they were at the beginning. At the same time, the wealthiest percentage of the population gained more wealth, but dwindled in number.

And he helped end communisim in the soviet union. Yeah, right. That's what everyone would love to believe, but the truth is that communism was crumbling because of the USSR putting so much of its wealth (or lack thereof) into competing militarily with the US.

On another note, Ray Charles died yesterday. I will go out on a limb and say that he probably touched more people in a POSITIVE way than Reagan ever did.

Lee said:
Right to my point, I have been watching also the UK's councils and european voting, with sheer delight. At the moment Labour (scumbags) are -434 with Tories +198, Liberals (yawn get off, of the fence guys) +131 and independants +100, these are all gains or losses.
There was an election yesterday?:eek: I have to say I forgot. Don't really follow politics much.

Lee said:
Europe and America where also going down this road, I just give thanks to Lady Thatcher and Ronald Reagan for what they did to turn this around and under Regan stopping the Soviet Union from causing a war that would nuke the whole world I doubt any of us would be here now.

Some may not like the fore-mentioned, I don't really care what you thin actually, I would just like to thank Ronnie for saving us from world destruction and Lady Thatcher (she actually wore the trousers in that Ronnie and Maggie relationship) for being a good listner.

R.I.P. Big Ron :)

I feel very emotional about the funeral as it's a piece of history in my lifetime gone for good. :(

Gutsy statement...and probably closer to the truth than most would like to admit. Believe it or not, it was actually a threesome that did most of the dismantling of the "Cold War". Thatcher, Reagan and, yes, Pope John Paul II. Here's a preety good short story that puts a little background to that.
http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110005181

Rest in Peace President Reagan.

dreamliner77 said:
It really sucks when someone dies, especially from such a debilitating as Alzheimers. But lets not forget all the crap that Reagan did; his vison of the economics, etc, etc. He may have brought the US back to the world's center stage once again, but internally he destroyed the country. At the end of his presidency, the average person was making less in "real" dollars than they were at the beginning. At the same time, the wealthiest percentage of the population gained more wealth, but dwindled in number.

And he helped end communisim in the soviet union. Yeah, right. That's what everyone would love to believe, but the truth is that communism was crumbling because of the USSR putting so much of its wealth (or lack thereof) into competing militarily with the US.

On another note, Ray Charles died yesterday. I will go out on a limb and say that he probably touched more people in a POSITIVE way than Reagan ever did.

First I apologize up front for my response to this. But...

I appreciate your right to have an opinion and I understand this is not a place for flaming. It was intended to be a tribute thread. But You are so far off base on this it's ridiculous. I'll stop with that being said.

Mr. Reagans death is very sad indeed as is Ray Charles'. Both will be missed.

If it was meant to be a tribute thread, it wouldn't be labelled "Politics"

And I don't think I'm off base. Hell, Reagan was a great president if you were in the top 3% of society. Think Bill Gates...

Lee said:

It bought to mind when Lady Thatcher a.k.a. the Iron Lady a.k.a. Margeret Thatcher, was speaking she too suffered the loss of her husband Dennis this year, just hearing her speak made me think she too will be joining back to a great team with Ronnie in where ever their souls may go, she sound like she is ready to kick the bucket.

This reminds me of when I was a kid in 79 3rd year of junior school when Lady Thatcher became p.m., they finally got rid of a Labour government that had basically sent the UK into a near third world.

Very, very well said.

Lee said:
At the moment Labour (scumbags) are -434 with Tories +198, Liberals (yawn get off, of the fence guys) +131 and independants +100, these are all gains or losses.
Sorry but its one of the things that annoys me most when people do this
its
get off the fence
not
get off of the fence

that is all

Sorry but its one of the things that annoys me most when people do this
its
get off the fence
not
get off of the fence

that is all
Thanks, I was very emotional at the time. I tell you what annoy's me though 'geffy'. when you apologise for correcting me, not like I would thump you or anything, I appreciate being showed the right way.

Glad to see we got one more grammar problem out the way!

Go Tories!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back