Policy on iraq

Sazar

Rest In Peace
just wondering what the general opinion on this board is on the events unfolding.. seen a few polls around the web so decided to put one up myself :)

please keep comments concise/precise and to the point so as to avoid flame bait and trolls :)

cheers...

exiled like this???

index.php

:D

I dont think there'd be much chance for exile. How many of his followers or how much of his government would support that?
I fear that the only way to take power from him and his government is War. :confused:

Save Benny and Company, following that, destroy all of the middle east.

The issue here is "weapons of mass destruction" right? That's what this soon to be war is all about. Well that and removing Sadam from power....

But why? From a U.S. citizen's point of view, it seems a little stupid. As of now, the majority of the world hates us anyway for a whole variety of different reasons and these "weapons of mass destruction" are not even a direct threat to the U.S.. Even unchecked, Iraq is 10+ years from having capabilities to launch anything this far, unless of course the weapons inspectors are even more useless than they appear. So let Europe and the Middle East deal with it. They are the targets that are in range and for the most part they do not want us there to begin with (of course they want our money though --- infidel BAD, but infidel money GOOD). Besides that, I think we have more pressing matters a little bit closer to home. Like N. Korea.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should attack N. Korea or even consider the possibility at the moment, but lately there's been a lot of bad blood between the U.S. and N. Korea. N. Korea is making it clear that they do have the capabilities to launch at least as far as the west coast of the U.S. and that "if provoked" they will.

So, logically which is the more real threat right now? I would say N. Korea. GW did a hell of a job pissing them off with his "Axis of Evil" comment and I don't think they've ever gotten over it... especially since the term still comes up quite often. And now, it seems we are heading into the Phillipines full force. Oh, yes, we were already there as "advisors" but now we are preparing to commit assault forces to combat the Abu Sayyaf rebel movement. Let's not also forget we're still in Afghanistan and will be for awhile. And of course I am sure we are spread out in many other countries, some we know about, others we don't. And I almost forgot we're also fighting the "war on drugs" in Columbia, again using our military.

Basically, we need to go into Iraq about as much as we need a bunch more "paradise ticket holders" blowing themselves up and crashing planes, boats, etc into U.S. intersts abroad and at home. Of course, the latter we will get anyway. It is inevitable. Of course, they will say that we have brought this on ourselves through our infidel ways and we will continue to blow **** up in retalliation and the vicious cycle will continue....

So in summary, I didn't vote because I don't agree with any of the options listed, and I see the only way the U.S. should be involved in a strike against Iraq is with full U.N. backing. This will not happen anytime soon so long as France and Germany have a say in it.

I think they (Iraq) should be left to themselves. They will self destruct on their own soon enough. If it wasn't for the U.S. funneling money into Iraq way back when, Saddam would have just dissapeared on his own. But now it's Saddam this and Saddam that. The U.S. and the Bush Sh!t administration should really be focused on the events in North Korea. Now THAT is a threat to the U.S. Not some two bit wanna be power hungry wacko that the U.S. helped put into power to begin with.

Oooooh but Bush don't wanna even think about North Korea, that's toooo complicated for him. He wants the easy stuff. His foreign policy is so pathetic it's scary.

Originally posted by gonaads
I think they (Iraq) should be left to themselves. (So I added that to the poll) They will self destruct on their own soon enough. If it wasn't for the U.S. funneling money into Iraq way back when, Saddam would have just dissapeared on his own. But now it's Saddam this and Saddam that. The U.S. and the Bush Sh!t administration should really be focused on the events in North Korea. Now THAT is a threat to the U.S. Not some two bit wanna be power hungry wacko that the U.S. helped put into power to begin with.

Oooooh but Bush don't wanna even think about North Korea, that's toooo complicated for him. He wants the easy stuff. His foreign policy is so pathetic it's scary.

no offense but its MY poll and I dont think things should be ADDED to it :) specially without my approval...

if there was something controversial you can edit... but just adding for the sake of adding... :) please kindly re-edit and remove it m8...

Nag nag nag... Happy???

I think it's an incomplete poll the way it is.

Nag nag nag... Happy???

I think it's an incomplete poll the way it is.

no doubt... but its not nice to edit peoples polls for the sake of including options you want... suggest and if there is consensus... go ahead and stick it in :)

IMO I wanted to keep it linear.. 2 peace 2 war and the option to perhaps have one without either :)

Originally posted by Sazar
no doubt... but its not nice to edit peoples polls for the sake of including options you want... suggest and if there is consensus... go ahead and stick it in :)

IMO I wanted to keep it linear.. 2 peace 2 war and the option to perhaps have one without either :)

Yes, but that is tooo black and white. even with the one without the other. There is gray area also. But like you said it is YOUR poll. :blink: :cool:

So enlighten us with your thoughts on this.

Or are you just gonna sit back and watch?

Yes, but that is tooo black and white. even with the one without the other. There is gray area also. But like you said it is YOUR poll. :blink: :cool:

So enlighten us with your thoughts on this.

Or are you just gonna sit back and watch?

I am all for peace :)

prefer that saddam be put in exile so that no one really loses face (depends on how the iraqi pr will swing this.. but he could be portrayed as saving the country or whatever)

no one gets hurt and the economy will keep chugging along at a better click than it is now :)

@ this moment the way things are drawn up.. NOT doing anything is not an option... hence why I never put the option you put forward... it is not feasible...

Originally posted by jonifen
looks like FW1 about to happen... (Forum War 1) :p

Naaaaaa... it's all good. We all have opinions. :happy:

war on Iraq will yeild a holy war between the three religions.

Originally posted by Octopus
war on Iraq will yeild a holy war between the three religions.

No, it won't. Where is the founding for that statement?

The war might as well start an anti-muslim feeling, especially if terrorists start numerous attacks on cities, but no one is going to say

" All people Christian are going to war with all people Muslim "

That's a bad statement Octopus.

Originally posted by Sazar

please keep comments concise/precise and to the point

We should have got Sodamn Insane the first time!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back