Png <--> Ico

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
I've always wanted an app that could easily convert a PNG to an ICO file and vice-versa, in as little steps as possible. Well, my wish was granted today, and I thought I'd share the news of this awesome app with the rest of you.
So easy to use, the screenshots say it all:

NOTE: Some people mistook this as a Mac app because of the OS X skin that the author chose to use in his screenshots. To avoid any confusion...this is a Windows app with a skinnable interface.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

For more details, and the download location, check out this thread on Aqua-Soft:
http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/index.php?showtopic=17270&st=0

Again, it has a skinnable interface...this one just happens to be the Brushed OS X look.
Incredibly simple, yet effective little app.
grin.gif

Woah! Very simple. I was wondering about such application today. Thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

Does this work for Windowzz or is it for Mac???

Yeah, NetRyder, it may have been wise to post screenshots that didn't have a mac skin. Might confuse some people.

dreamliner77 said:
Yeah, NetRyder, it may have been wise to post screenshots that didn't have a mac skin. Might confuse some people.

Those screenshots were posted by the author in the original thread...they weren't created by me. Besides, it doesn't look like there are any non-Mac-like themes in the folder yet, so I couldn't post any screenshots of it with any other skins. I'll add a little notice in the first post, explicitly mentioning that it's a Windows app.

gonaads said:
Does this work for Windowzz or is it for Mac???

Hehe, I thought that post was pretty amusing. The devs at Aqua-Soft are really good at creating apps that look very, very similar to OS X ones. That is the purpose of the community - to emulate the interface on Windows.
There's a new iCal-like app in the works that looks like a 1:1 clone of the real thing. The Finder clone, NeXplorer, with certain skins is already pixel perfect too. Lots of other such neat stuff there.
laugh.gif

Aqua-Soft is a great place and I came across this while I was over there today. It's a very handy app!

NetRyder said:
Those screenshots were posted by the author in the original thread...they weren't created by me. Besides, it doesn't look like there are any non-Mac-like themes in the folder yet, so I couldn't post any screenshots of it with any other skins. I'll add a little notice in the first post, explicitly mentioning that it's a Windows app.

Here, how's this?

Used screan shots of mine and stuck them on the originals.

Maybe now they won't get confused.:p

Sorry they aren't very clean... I was in a hurry. :D

gonaads said:
Here, how's this?

Used screan shots of mine and stuck them on the originals.

Maybe now they won't get confused.:p

Sorry they aren't very clean... I was in a hurry. :D

Umm...you do realize that's still a Mac theme right?
tongue.gif

The first one was Brushed Metal; the new one is just Panther/Aqua.

NetRyder said:
Umm...you do realize that's still a Mac theme right?
tongue.gif

The first one was Brushed Metal; the new one is just Panther/Aqua.

Happy now. :D

So, it's a Mac application with Windows skins? ;) :p

The simplest way to avoid confusion: Look at which section of the forum the thread is posted in.
tongue.gif

NetRyder said:
The simplest way to avoid confusion: Look at which section of the forum the thread is posted in.
tongue.gif

Oh like we look. :p

I click "new posts". :D

muzikool said:
So, it's a Mac application with Windows skins? ;) :p

And you, shut up :p

I do not understand this program. This is soppose to creat the png from the icon. Why does it say to drop and icon, and a png in the program?

It's very simple, really.
smile.gif

If you have an ICO that you want to convert to a PNG, drag the ICO to the box marked ICO. You then see a similar icon on the PNG side. Drag that to your desktop (or any other folder), and you should have a PNG version of the icon.
Similarly, if you have an PNG that you want to convert to an ICO, drag the PNG to the box marked PNG this time. You then see a similar icon on the ICO side. Drag that to your desktop (or any other folder), and you should have a ICO version of the PNG image.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back