Plus 4 XP

S

SpaceMan

Has anybody got Plus for XP installed, how do you like it ???

SpaceMan:confused:

Why would you even want to install that piece of garbage on your computer, much less steal it?

So if you liked it, you'd buy it, huh? :rolleyes:

I dont mean to be a putz, but I dont think anyone here wants to get banned or something by the admins for handing out links to warez...

Trust me, your not missing much anyways...

Reports I've seen have been unanimous on Plus! - it's pretty poor. The Aquarium SS is nice but I think even that is a cut-down version of the original.

Ircsum.

I have installed XP Plus! Pack but it is basically pants. The only thing I actually like is the Aquarium Screen Saver, and then you have to pay for more fish. Hyberbowl was fun for the first few minutes but wanting you to pay for more levels, I don’t think so. I would say save the hard drive space for something mildly useful.

At least in Windows 98se and Plus! for Windows 98 there was more contents and themes.

Mike Tasker

PS, If anyone has been able to make the Aquarium screensaver on Windows 98 let me know how as I would like to use it at work.

in his post he didn't ask for warez links

or if anyone could help him get it. ALL HE ASKED WAS, if anyone one using it and how they liked it. There is nothing wrong with that.

Thats cause he edited the original message.

He originally asked where he could download it.

heh...

I didn't know we could edit our own messages after they were posted...thought only admin could do that...:p

Re: heh...

Originally posted by wrangler
I didn't know we could edit our own messages after they were posted...thought only admin could do that...:p

Yes, you can edit *your* own post if you wish, to fix spelling errors and such. You cant edit others unless your admin.

As far as the original poster's concerned, I need to start quoting more...:D

Originally posted by Speed4Ever

:rolleyes:

Jesus...I weep for the future...

:rolleyes:

Good for you, All I actually wanted was 2 xp-erience it to judge it myself, but then you decided to judge ME......do you know me ??? God Bless America land of the FREE.... Yeah right !!!!!
But thanks anyway Speed4Ever I'm glad I didn't fork out R 500.00 in my currency to buy it just to c that it's a whole lot of garbage, thanx to the rest of you, your input appreciated.....

SpaceMan

What the F*ck

not to judge you

but the way to find out if something is good or not is to ask around, check forums and ask opinions, or simply buy it from a store that has a good return policy. I can walk into the store by my house and buy Plus, and if I don't like it for ANY reason (crimey, I could return it for not liking the color of the box) they will take it back...period, no questions asked, as long as it is within ten days of purchase with receipt and all original packaging is intact. BTW, this is at a large national retailer....EB. As far as warez goes...screw that, you know, that is exactly why great developers like Looking Glass Software go out of business. To many copies "stolen" and not enough bought to support future development and investment.

Originally posted by SpaceMan

Good for you, All I actually wanted was 2 xp-erience it to judge it myself, but then you decided to judge ME......do you know me ??? God Bless America land of the FREE.... Yeah right !!!!!
But thanks anyway Speed4Ever I'm glad I didn't fork out R 500.00 in my currency to buy it just to c that it's a whole lot of garbage, thanx to the rest of you, your input appreciated.....

SpaceMan

What the F*ck

Good God, do you want cheese with that wine?

I was maybe a bit sarcastic with you, but I was treating you alot more respectfully than a many others would have. I was trying to give a not-so subtle hint that warez isnt tolerated around here. Then you went off and acted like a childish wise@ss...

R U Happy DADDY ??????

Really grown up, SpaceMan...

At the time I wasnt judging you, I was judging your actions, which I had full right to do. You wanted information on how to *STEAL* something. Regardless of your intentions, you wanted to steal. No ifs, ands, or buts. Am I wrong here?

But instead, you try to justify your actions by claiming all this "America Land of the Free" smart@ss remarks. Oh, thats so original...

Stealing may be ok in your country, but around here, its done at your own risk, and not generally well-liked. I tried telling you this nicely, but apparently you didn't get the message...

Sigh...why do I bother...:rolleyes:

XP Plus is lame - it would be OK if the price was not as ludricus. I used Style XP and found it better than the themes that are on the CD - the other utilities like the add-ons for Media player - are just crap to fill your HDD

The MP3 to WMA converter is a joke - on the odd occasion the file is actually 1 to 5% smaller on the tracks I tested - hardly woth the time it took to compress.

The games were not bad - but you can get the full version for less the the asking price of Plus.

The Screen savers where 50-50 some where great - others lame.

All in all a poor package - unless you get it for under $10 :)

You can look around for the 4! themes: Aquarium, DaVinci, Space, Nature on the net - I'm sure you will find something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back