One trouser?

NOPE

One pair of trousers?

YES

1.5 Trouser

1.5 trousers

Must be plural......... Goes to vote
your logic is amazing. :rolleyes:

he he - well catch me on a good day - as a matter of fact the issue of plural opens a wider debaite as I was discussing with a very good friend from Australia tonight.

However this would be OT and I have to break away from cyberspace to christen my child amd all that is entailed family wise.

I can make absolute sense given the right context. It's like cookies?

If you know what they are you will understand...

Well I learned in this one Philosophy class that everything was all one so you couldn't have a plural :) If you think about it everything is connected ... there is no space between things as there is something touching everthing ...

Unless you remove gravity :p.
The theory that everything is one would appear to be just a perspective, you can't just deny plurals.

well even w/out gravity we are all still connect by gases and the like ... there is no gap between matter or else there would be something like a black hole :)

Woa, I never thought of it that way Xie...freaky :p

1.5 it self can't be plural as PK stated.

1.5 as a count of an object would result in the object having to be stated in it's plural form.

Simple test for this... try saying 1.5 of an object (one point five monkies) ... compare it to saying 1 of the same object(1 Monkey) - there is no way you could say 'one point five monkey' and remain sain.

MdSalih

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back