pls help me!!

Ignition

OSNN Junior Addict
Hey, I just built my new computer today, I thought i got it to boot up... What i hadnt done yet though was to insert the monitor cable. I turned the comp off inserted the dvi to vga adapter and my monitor cable on that. All i got now was a blank screen.... I looked into my computer and found that my Graphics Card wasnt on, at least the fan wasnt spinning and the led didnt give off any light. I took the cable out again and rebooted, now the fan was spinning and the led was showing light....

I have really double checked all connections and everything, and it all seems like it should...

Anybody know what to do? :cry:

[EDIT]
These are the system specs

Althon 64 3500+
MSI K8N Diamond SLI
MSI GeForce 6800GT PCI-EXPRESS
2x512MB Corsair Ram in dual channel
Aspire 520W PSU 20pin

I suspect there is something wrong with the powersupply since the motherboard wants 24pin, but i can connect the 20 pin i have to it.....
[/EDIT]

Well i think you answered your own question. You can get an adapter for it so you can hook it up. Just type 20pin to 24pin converter into google and you should find it.

Ignition said:
I suspect there is something wrong with the powersupply since themotherboard wants 24pin, but i can connect the 20 pin i have to it.....
[/EDIT]

from the website

MSI Reminds You...
• These two connectors (JPWR1 & JPWR2) connect to the ATX powersupply and have to work together to ensure stable operation of themainboard.
• Power supply of 450 watts (and above) is highly recommeded for system stability.
• For ATX 12V power connection, it should be greater than 18A.
• For this model, you must use the power supply that with a -5V pin supply.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=638

TittleBitties said:
Well i think you answered your own question. You can get an adapter for it so you can hook it up. Just type 20pin to 24pin converter into google and you should find it.

Thanks for the fast answer, i searched around the web and found that for some an adapter like that wouldnt work. The PSU i have is at 520W though, maybe it's capable of cranking out enough power even at 24pin?

egghead said:
from the website

MSI Reminds You...
• These two connectors (JPWR1 & JPWR2) connect to the ATX powersupply and have to work together to ensure stable operation of themainboard.
• Power supply of 450 watts (and above) is highly recommeded for system stability.
• For ATX 12V power connection, it should be greater than 18A.
• For this model, you must use the power supply that with a -5V pin supply.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/produ...ail.php?UID=638

Alright thanks, that's what i was starting to suspect too. I think I'll have to order a new PSU, should get it on tuesday. Eventually I'll try that adapter thingy too, but im too unpatient to wait a whole week! Hehe. I'll report what happens...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back