Plextor PX-716A

emeritus

Beware the Monkeys!!!
I just received my new PX-716A DVD burner, and all I can say is wow!!! If anyone is in the market for a DVD burner, this is the way to go. It does cost a little bit more than others on the market, but it is well worth it.

I tested it right away, burning 2 movies, (that I own), and burning the Solaris 10 DVD, no problems and fast, even on lower rated media. The next thing is to burn a Verbatim DVD+R/DL at 6x. I will let you know how that goes. BTW, both movies played great in my DVD player.

:p

Interestingly glowing report onmthe slowest, most over priced and least accurate drive available today :)

Have fun winth ith though. THere are cheaper and better drives on the market unless you got yours free :)

Give us more details like the software package and all that Jazz :cool:

I bought a Sony DL burner myself but I bought it primarily because of the software pack. It had more and newer stuff than anything else I have seen.

heh I just dont like the price previum they charge for a sub-standard drives :)

Plextor makes good drives. They are by no means substandard.

It's funny that Plextor is now using the BenQ 1640 as an OEM drive and still charging a 50% premium for it.

I got the drive for its capability. I didn't really care what the software package was, considering I already use Nero. Frankly to bad nods to Plextor, Plextor is all I have ever used, at least at home. I have never had any issues with their speed or capability, and I have never made a coaster, unless it was a mistake on my part.

many drives have no issues with speeds, capabilities, or making coasters. the only drive i've ever had that made a coaster was my very... VERY first CD-RW drive, which i believe was an HP 8x CD-RW drive..... which was well before the time of buffer underrun protection and all that jazz. my relatively old Asus 52x CD-RW.... i still use it, but i'm thinking of putting my somewhat new Lite-On 4x DVD+/-RW drive in, since it'd be more practical for DVD-to-DVD copies..... eliminate the middle man of caching the data to my hard drive while i switch discs. ever since my Asus i've never had a problem with a writable drive. Only problem i've had with my Lite-On 4x drive is that often times it'd kinda freeze and still show the title of the disc that USED to be in the drive, until i put a new disc in. didn't happen TOO often, but when it did, it kinda became a hassle. kept thinking "i coulda swore i took that disc out..... *presses eject button* ...... oh, i did." I love lite-on drives quite a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back