Please Suggest Some Good Music For Me?!

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Ok for years i've been listening to the same stuff and i am a little bored to say the least, this is who i like in no particular order.

1) Bruce Springsteen
2) U2
3) Simple Minds
4) REM
5) Coldplay
6) INXS (not anymore though)
7) Snow Patrol (just started)
8) Gary Numan
9) Busta Rhymes
10) Pet Shop Boys
11) The Cure
12) LTJ Bukem
13) Faith and the Muse
14) A lot of others but too many to count

Sorry i listen to a lot of music a lot of the time. Hopefully out of that you have a picture of what i like and can suggest new people or groups to me.

dude check out pandora.com put in bands you like and they show you bands like them...here is what ive been into the past weeks

Saosin
Wolfmother
The Mars Volta
The Format
Spoon
Men, Women, & Children
Jason Mraz
Postal Service
Head Automatica
RX Bandits
Against ME!
Heavens
Alkaline Trio
Jack Johnson
The Shins
The Last Kiss Soundtrack Zach Braff Knows what goo dmusic is...
Garden State Soundtrack Zach Braff Knows what goo dmusic is...
I could go on for days....

Also what kind of music do you like?? That plays a huge part..im a music freak, but im very very PICKY about what i listen to, ive got a large collection so if you liked anything i listed, let me know!!!

PS...i even made them links for you....WHO LOVES YOU......:eek:

failurbydesign thanks for taking the time to do that, i'll look into them.

The new Head Automatica cd is incredible. Also I thought I was the only person on this board who loves Against Me! and Alkaline Trio. If you like a bit of weirdness check out Happy Hollow by Cursive. It's strange, yet great!

The new Head Automatica cd is incredible. Also I thought I was the only person on this board who loves Against Me! and Alkaline Trio. If you like a bit of weirdness check out Happy Hollow by Cursive. It's strange, yet great!

Ill check em out, also go listen to heavens...its a few guys from the trios new band..

dodgey post alert :p - I prefer the term acquire... That's what I say when I nick stuff....

back on topic - I heard something in a cafe on holiday and was puzzled who it was (iPod was playing it through tthe stereo) so I asked - and they checked and said it was "The Waifs" some Australian girl band - so go eMule that (or whatever!)....

Happy listening - thought I'd suggest something random to help with the mix here....

PS just to be "old" never forget Fripp and the marvelous Brian Eno - google him if you like, but please do not ignore my suggestion - he is an incredibly talented musician/composer IMHO

MFG, yes i listen to eno a lot as well as lanois, forgot to mention them as well.

Its strange that hardly any australian bands are ever heard inxs being the exeption....

Hey lancer, I listen to much of what you listed in your first post. So based on those, here's some I think you should check out. If you do iTunes, then I'd suggest you listen to previews of some of the Top Songs for each of these.

Death Cab for Cutie (latest 2 albums)
The Postal Service (Death Cab's singer is in this one)
The Fray
The Killers
Keane
Pete Yorn

I've been listening to Snow Patrol a lot, but you've already caught-on to them! :)

haha muzikool we could be brothers haha, is your name luke by any chance haha

Death Cab for Cutie (latest 2 albums) Listen to them a lot as well
The Postal Service (Death Cab's singer is in this one) Great album
The Fray Really like their album it gets a tad static as the end
The Killers Another good band, like their new song
Keane Funny this, i was just about to post i found a new band called Keane just yesterday, really, really good.

So thanks for the suggestions, but i already listen to all of them haha.

I'm waiting for the new Killers album patiently, and I hope I'm not dissappointed with it.

I haven't gotten around to listening to the new Keane album, is it worth getting Ryan?

lancer: Look up Bloc Party.

I think it is, its a little different from the first album, but a good progression.

I just read up on them ,after i've finished listening to Hopes and Fears i'll give them a go.

Here's some bands that might fit in with what you listen to:
Fuel, The Postal Service, Live, Seether, GooGoo Dolls, Staind, Blessid Union of Souls, Stone Temple Pilots, Lifehouse, Audioslave, Collective Soul

Edit: Looking back on the thread, I see the Postal Service was suggested a couple of times ;)

I'm waiting for the new Killers album patiently, and I hope I'm not dissappointed with it.

I haven't gotten around to listening to the new Keane album, is it worth getting Ryan?

listening to their first album, seems pretty good, a couple songs could have been left out, but mostly pretty good especially closer to the end of the album, "So here we are", is my fav so far.

I like the googoo dolls, but not really there new album, the others i think are too grunge for me.

haha muzikool we could be brothers haha, is your name luke by any chance haha

Death Cab for Cutie (latest 2 albums) Listen to them a lot as well
The Postal Service (Death Cab's singer is in this one) Great album
The Fray Really like their album it gets a tad static as the end
The Killers Another good band, like their new song
Keane Funny this, i was just about to post i found a new band called Keane just yesterday, really, really good.

So thanks for the suggestions, but i already listen to all of them haha.

That's great! Seeing as how our taste is so similar I'd like to hear about what else you come across. :)

I haven't purchased the new Keane album in its entirety, but I really, really, really like the song "Nothing in My Way."

Here's some bands that might fit in with what you listen to:
Fuel, The Postal Service, Live, Seether, GooGoo Dolls, Staind, Blessid Union of Souls, Stone Temple Pilots, Lifehouse, Audioslave, Collective Soul

Edit: Looking back on the thread, I see the Postal Service was suggested a couple of times ;)

I've always liked Live and STP and I like much of Audioslave (Chris Cornell is amazing). The more recent Live albums haven't been too special, but the old stuff is great. It's cool that many people seem to know of the Postal Service -- I hope they do some more stuff in the future.

Well i liked bloc parties album so much i am now listening to their "Silent Alarm remixed", its very good so far.

I have napster by the way, thats how i listen to so much.... what a great service, especially with fairusewm.:lick:

Well i liked bloc parties album so much i am now listening to their "Silent Alarm remixed", its very good so far.

I have napster by the way, thats how i listen to so much.... what a great service, especially with fairusewm.:lick:

Awesome! It took me a few listens to warm up to Bloc Party at first, it's hard to get through accent with all the crazy guitar riffs and super fast drumming. They are my favorite band at the moment.

And I just got floor tickets to see Bloc Party in November! :laugh:

Death Cab for Cutie (latest 2 albums)
The Postal Service (Death Cab's singer is in this one)
The Fray
The Killers
Keane
Pete Yorn

I've been listening to Snow Patrol a lot, but you've already caught-on to them! :)

ALL death cabs cd's.....they are all great...

Death From Above 1979..check them out....

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back