Please recommend me a new monitor

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Hey Y'all:

I am in the market for a new monitor (finally getting rid of the CRT). These are the things that I would like:

• Over 19 inches
  • 5 ms response time (willing to go up to 8ms but no more)
  • Black or Gray in color
  • preferably have USB inputs, but not necessary
  • Less than $500
Thank you!

My family open gifts x-mas eve and "santas" gifts come in the morning, but i got this..This....IT FREAKIN AMAZING...it auto adjusts, digital and analog inputs and so many options!!!!!!

24-001-087-13.JPG

I've heard good things about the Samsungs....just hoping that someone can find me one with USB hub

yea i wish it had that, but im glad i have this, im very happy

I was all set to get a 2007fwp, but I realized that it has like a 16ms response time....which would make me very nervous

The Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP is my dream panel (I'd have to have two though). Response time: 6ms.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=320-4335

The price is a lot higher than what you'd like to spend, however, you can get the price down further during promotions and special offers (I receive them throughout the week and will gladly share them with you).

As you said, the Dell UltraSharp 2007WFP does have a 16ms response time. This flat panel is still ranked very highly when it comes to reviews.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks madmatt,

How often do you receive promotions for the 2407WFP?

Normally every week at least one of the emails has some sort of promotion for flat panels.

I was all set to get a 2007fwp, but I realized that it has like a 16ms response time....which would make me very nervous

and you are worried about a 16ms response time why?

Typical games except those with High def graphics are fine up to about 20ms... if I were you I would go and read all the reports for all of the dells and choose one... they are the best monitor for the money bar NONE...

I have the 2407 and it is the SHIZNIT!!
its response time is slower than many others on the market and I have been able to watch ful-motion video full screen with NO artifacting...

EDIT:
CategoryMonitor BrandDell Screen size24'' TechnologyTFT active matrix Brightness450 cd/m² Contrast ratio1000:1 Average response time16ms Maximum resolution1920 x 1200 Maximum refresh rate60Hz InterfaceDigital (DVI-D) , VGA (HD-15) CompatibilityMAC , PC ColourBlack Weight8.3kg Service & support3 year warranty

The Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP is my dream panel (I'd have to have two though). Response time: 6ms.
I would point out the 2407 has a 16ms response time as well...

NOT a 6ms, maybe you are reffering to the new 2707??
see above specs...

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right, gray to gray was 6ms.

i like my Gateway FPD2185W 21" Widescreen HD LCD. Oddly enough.... apparently you can get either their 21" or 22" HD widescreen for $399 after rebates and stuff. their 24" though takes a bump to $679. The 21" and i'm fairly certain 22" have a 4-port USB hub, as well as Component, Composite, VGA, DVI, and S-Video inputs.

and you are worried about a 16ms response time why?

Typical games except those with High def graphics are fine up to about 20ms... if I were you I would go and read all the reports for all of the dells and choose one... they are the best monitor for the money bar NONE...

I have the 2407 and it is the SHIZNIT!!
its response time is slower than many others on the market and I have been able to watch ful-motion video full screen with NO artifacting...

EDIT:
CategoryMonitor BrandDell Screen size24'' TechnologyTFT active matrix Brightness450 cd/m² Contrast ratio1000:1 Average response time16ms Maximum resolution1920 x 1200 Maximum refresh rate60Hz InterfaceDigital (DVI-D) , VGA (HD-15) CompatibilityMAC , PC ColourBlack Weight8.3kg Service & support3 year warranty

Because I do play games and I want to make sure that the monitor will last for at least the next couple years for the games that I will want to play.

It should be noted that the human eye can't tell much of a difference below 12ms for response time, or even 16ms. Yet, if you go much below that, to 6ms as you request, your cost goes WAY up.

Dell's monitors, despite their response times, have won awards for being GREAT for gaming actually.

IMO= 6ms is overkill on the budget

Granted the game that I play most is WoW, but I have been known to fire up CounterStrike every now and then and didn't want anything to hold me back. If I can get verification that a 2007WFP will be fine, then that is the monitor that I want.

EDIT: A brand new 2007WFP is headed my way :)

Last edited:
You do know that a wide screen 20" monitor measures about the same top to bottom as a 17" monitor?

I'd just as soon use a regular (non wide screen) monitor as to pay for a wide screen smaller than 24". Matter of fact, that's exactly why I have Dell 2001FP's (not wide screens).

Hope you like the 20" wide screen. I didn't. Kept it less than one day before I returned it.

Well, I will see how much that I like it. If I don't like it, I will return it.

I can personally vouch for the 2007wfp, great monitor indeed :)

I hope you enjoy your purchase, as I'm sure you wil

we shall see. It will show up at some point today.

I liked it, but it didn't come with a media card reader, so I convinced them to send me a 2407WFP as a replacement for free :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back