Please recommend me a new monitor

XeoNoX, he already purchased a Dell widescreen flat panel. But, I may be mistaken, Samsung manufacturers the panels that go into high end Dell panels.

I think they are Sony Madmatt. I read a review somewhere that said they were Sony, but I don't know how reliable that information is

I liked it, but it didn't come with a media card reader, so I convinced them to send me a 2407WFP as a replacement for free :)
How the HELL did you buy a 2007 and get them to send you a 2407 for free just because there was no Media Card reader?

i'd like to know that too. hell.... i'd almost be willing to call BS on that one. that's like what.... about a $300 difference in price on the monitor? i hear Dell has some nice tech support, but damn.... i don't believe it'd be THAT good. that'd be like calling up a car dealership and being like "yeah.... my Dodge Stratus is nice.... but it doesn't have the ability to go from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds" and they send you a dodge viper for free.....

Ditto. I deal with Dell Solutions Provider Direct and I've never gotten something like that in return.

Because on the website for the 2007wfp, it says that it is supposed to include a media card reader, but the one that I received does not include it. They made a mistake on the website and I convinced them that the reason that I went with them is because they included the card reader on the monitor.

He said that he will only send me a 2407wfp if he is certain that it includes the media card reader (which it does)

i'd still say that's not true. either that, or you have one helluva friend that works at Dell. I'm fairly certain that if the monitor supposedly came with a media card reader, but yours didn't come with one..... they would have sent you a media card reader with no charge to you.... not said "ooh.... we're so sorry.... here's a 2407 for your troubles"

Regardless, more power to you. It's always nice to get something in return once in a while.

Before Pictures.
sidenocardreaderlr3.jpg
boxya7.jpg

screenshotnl3.jpg

I think I am being sent a 2407WFP because of the following reasons:

1) The customer service experience was a nightmare. I was told that I was lying, was hung up on, was connected to the sales department, was not receiving call backs and had to explain my story many, many, many times because the people would refuse to read the case notes.

2) The sales department verified that the 2007WFP monitors were supposed to have the media card readers, but many people had the same problem that I have. The supervisor told me that either the website was wrong or the manufacturer messed up. So since, they cannot give me this model with a media card reader, they upgraded me.

very nice, we have the same logitech system..or at least im 99.9% sure!

I currently have an E-VGA 7600GT video card, is it going to be enough to satisfactorily power my new monitor?

2407 Only needs one head whereas anything higher would need two.

We are all cheering for you, just jealous. G'luck mate :D

I know that it only needs one head, but I am looking for a way to justify it to my fiance that I need to upgrade the video card ;)

You need support for higher resolutions.

I am looking for a way to justify it to my fiance that I need to upgrade the video card ;)

Justify it to a fiancé?! :eek: :speechless:

Is said fiancé going to be paying for the video card upgrade? If so - Yes you need a (pick your desired video card) or that 2407 will not display even the BSD.

If not, don't worry about what fiancé thinks and buy whatever video card you desire/can afford.

I wouldn't try to justify buying something to a wife much less a fiancé, girlfriend, **** buddy, etc....
Being single does have it's advantages. :devious:

You need support for higher resolutions.

Good suggestion there

Justify it to a fiancé?! :eek: :speechless:

Is said fiancé going to be paying for the video card upgrade? If so - Yes you need a (pick your desired video card) or that 2407 will not display even the BSD.

If not, don't worry about what fiancé thinks and buy whatever video card you desire/can afford.

I wouldn't try to justify buying something to a wife much less a fiancé, girlfriend, **** buddy, etc....
Being single does have it's advantages. :devious:

Sometimes people share one bank account though, makes it tougher just to lay down the hammer as you suggest :nervous:

Samsung SyncMaster are really good monitors I own a 21" one and I must admit it has to be one of the best monitors I have ever owned.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back