Please Help!

G

gmagnuson

I am having problems connecting to the Internet. It will let me be connected for 1 minute before disconnecting. It will only happen with one certain ISP. Netzero. The night before it stopped working, I tried to do a direct cable connection between the desktop computer and a laptop. I am not sure what I did, because netzero stopped working. I am not sure what to do. I checked the idle disconnect. but that was not the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks,
Greg

do you use free netzero? or netzero pay? Are you sure you haven't run out of time?

Hey I have that problem too but with Tele2 (in Sweden). Hellishly anoying. Solved it by changing ISP. Really strange problem.

I am paying for netzero. It is strange, but I would like to stay with Netzero if at all possible.

Here is how I got it fixed FYI:

From Mark Ferguson on another newsgroup.

Read the help to locate "Virtual Memory". Set it to none, restart,

Delete the (hidden) file named 'pagefile.sys' in the system drive root folder,

(if found). Return the Virtual Memory to normal, and reboot again

The Windows Update site has issued a patch ("Error on Restarting...")

What the hell?!? What has Virtual Memory got to do with the modem??? :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back