Please help. . .

• Thread starter rociocintron
  • Start date
R

rociocintron

alot of my picture files and mp3's have been changed to this weird form not allowing me to open them?
It has this paper scroll has it's icon and it only wants to open with microsoft (r) windows based script host? what is that and how do i make my files go back to the way they were?

Sounds like a virus to me, been downloading some mp3's from Kazaa or other p2p networks?

run your virus checker:(

some one please help me cuz i think my computer's got a virus, and my anti norton virus thing isnt working, and i need someones help, can some one im me at rociocintron@hotmail.com

Yes, I believe that is the LoveLetter virus. Get a scanner and get rid of it. And yes, all your files are gone, deleted and overwritten by copies of the virus.

JJB6486

And it is making your sig here really big and long and in caps. :eek:

did i lose those files forever, is there any way i can get them back?

Those files are gone:(

Start downloading some more, but after downloading and before you open any file from p2p networks, scan them with a virus checker, sorry:(

now go forth and get some tunes :D

also you might want to consider changing your sig. it's rather long, and you use caps, which means your hollering :cool:

thanks everyone, your right i got the love letter virus, and now i must get rid of it! And find time to re download all my mp3's! Sorry for the long sig, i changed it

Thanks alot guys, i am rid of the love letter virus but . . . unfortunetly i have the . . . Backdoor.Autoupder (is a backdoor program that can be used as a distribution mechanism by worms or other malicious programs) . . . well my problem is . . . i try to run the tool to fix it and it starts working and then towards then end it says some error occurs. . . How come the tool wont work?
What should I do? Can someone please help me?

Your probably going to have to remove it manually, follow the instructions at:

Norton Antivirus

the instruction to remove it manually are at the bottom, also the tool to remove it is listed there also, but it sounds like it doesn't work on your machine, just try to remove it manually,

and install one of the firewalls listed on the page also, some of them are free.

good luck :D

my computer is completly cured of both virus but it still lags and stops, what can i do to fix this?

what are your specs? what are you doing when it lags? what are running when it stops? need alot more info........

The computer tends to lag when i am posting or typing something on the internet like an email and stuff like that, i make sure to only run one program at a time, and usually the internet or aol is when it tends to lag.

by "internet" do you mean netscape 7.0 i have been testing out there beta and i get horrible lag sometimes when doing the littlest thing but only netscape 7.0 does that to me.

When i mean internet i mean internet explorer, when ever i go to type a post like now it stalls, refreshs the page if i type more than a word, it stops constantly when i am typing, in such a pain in the @$$ cuz it takes like a half hour to post something. Just couple of mins. ago i tried posting from aol and it said not responding after a couple of words. It never used to do this before i had the viruses. I dont understand i am virus free, and i reinstalled xp and it's still lagging! i even got norton utilites to fix up the any problems but it still lagging, what should i doand

sorry if my post are sometimes misspelled and stuff it's the lagging, it takes forever for me to go back and fix something. . . i dont know sometimes i feel it could be the cursor xp that's doing it .. . i am not sure. . . help

the only thing I can think of is to re-install everything that is lagging, get updated drivers for your hardware....

okay i know extactly why my computer is lagging, when i went to remove the backdoor virus i had to use a tool but it didnt work so then i had to do it manually, anyways the directions said to delete certain registry keys . . . which i did . . . but i never replace the active registry keys . . . any one who has removed the backdoor virus. . . can u tell me what to do to repair this. . . i know this is a problem cuz it always comes up when i run norton utilites. . . so how do i fix those registry keys?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back