Please help... Stop: C0000221 :(

marycrane

OSNN Newbie
I am getting the awful Blue Screen of Death. There are a few posts in this forum concerning my problem...only, my problem is *special*. I have a Sony Vaio with a docking station, and for some reason, this computer and hardware drivers and Windows XP really hate each other.

Here's my error: Stop: c0000221 Unknown Hard Error
\systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll.

First, the cd/rom in the docking station has never worked. So, I'm stuck trying to boot this thing up from floppies. I have used the Windows boot disks, but I can't load the last one to get into the recovery console. I also cannot boot into safe mode. Any suggestions?

Really, I'd just throw this computer in the trash, but there are many photos etc.. of sentimental value on it. I sure would like to recover them.

Thanks in advance!!!

Mary

If you really do not care for the machine - why not remove the hard drive and find an external bay to make it a data drive from another machine, then you can get the data from it, which I get the impression is what you are after?

I am sure this should be viable - if you have access to other computers and are prepared for a modest outlay and a little of your time (possibly less than you have already spent!)

If you really do not care for the machine - why not remove the hard drive and find an external bay to make it a data drive from another machine, then you can get the data from it, which I get the impression is what you are after?

I am sure this should be viable - if you have access to other computers and are prepared for a modest outlay and a little of your time (possibly less than you have already spent!)

Yes...I think that you have a very good point (about the time). :) I had wondered if I could load XP onto an external hard drive, but I really don't want to make that kind of investment in this machine. The docking station is unwieldy, to put it mildly. Tonight, I am going to try to use the Sony System Recovery CD's through an external cd/rom drive. I don't know if the computer will detect it. If not, I'll get the external bay and let you know how it goes!

Thanks!!!

Mary

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back