Please help, slow startup... (+of internetconn)

G

GameBZz

Hello, got 2 questions:

1.) I've got WindowsXP Pro and it starts up very fast for my PIII 450 :)....but after it is "finished" starting up it isn't really finished I think.
I can access My Computer and some other programs but can't access my internet connection (Cable via Ethernetcard) :( . Now I've put it in the startupdir but it takes more than a minute before it starts up :confused:

2.) After I pushed the Shutdown button and the startbar is dissapeared I get an "Explorer is not responding" message....then I can click end task or something and that works but it isn't normal..

Cya BaZz

do a search as there are many posts about this problem

Bad

First I would check your startup folder !!! Remove the crap you dont need.

Second go and get the AD-WARE progy ! click

Run this and remove all the stuff it finds..

Third ... get this and use it to remove start-up stuff in the reg....

Thnx m8 :) the dailup connection is now showing up in a few secs....

But now I have an even greater problem :( :(
Windows doasn't run smooth anymore :( :( it takes a while longer to start up AND startbutton takes longer to expand.....and the worst thing: Renegade (Game) loads 2x SLOWER ....noooooooo.. anyone knows what I've done wrong ??

I've only set the things on startup off from the guide on the site (For a safer, faster XP)
And I've installed Norton Systemworks 2002 but I don't thing that's the prob cause it has nothin to do with my games and I'm only loading Antvirs at startup..

Damn...anyone can help ?? Thnx in advance

DAMN!!! that is gonna cost some time :(
But thnx anywayz

Cya BaZz

If you are NOT on a network;

1. In the run box, type in MSCONFIG and press enter
2. Go to the 'services' tab and remove the checkmark from 'workstation'
3. Reboot and tell the nag screen not to keep reminding you that you have disabled some services.

Thank you so much !!!
Problems are fixed now: fast startup and internet immediaty :) :cool:

But (sorry) still one question: How can I connect automatic on startup ??

Cya BaZz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back