Please help me

G

Gouk

I just powered on my CPU and the fan was making alot of noise like it was running on diesel :eek:

I am not a technical expert on PC's and I know i have 2 fans in my CPU. The on in the power supply and the one over the CPU/

WHich one is it likely to be thats making the noise? I know how to fit a fan and they are cheap but i need to know which one.

Thing is the sound goes away after about 5 minutes of uptim after boot so it makes noisr when the RPM is slow.

Help plz?

The noisy fan will be the one on your power supply unit.

Open the panel and power it up and see if your main CPU fan is coming in contact with the wire.

If not seems like your PSU wire bearings are wearing out.

it isnt uncommon for bearing and shtuff to go out in fans. a simple way to determine if you cant tell which fan it is, just open case... while it is making the noise, place your finger over the center of the cpu fan (stopping it) for a second. if the noise stops... walllaaaa.

Just be carefull not to put your finger in the fan. :p

Originally posted by pc_tek
it isnt uncommon for bearing and shtuff to go out in fans. a simple way to determine if you cant tell which fan it is, just open case... while it is making the noise, place your finger over the center of the cpu fan (stopping it) for a second. if the noise stops... walllaaaa.

Just be carefull not to put your finger in the fan. :p

That's not safe at all. Well not exactly with my fan, it spins at 7000rpm, and moves 40cfm of air, and it will crack your bones literally.

Another thing is that, you might even burn out the CPU, and they will burn without like sometime without a fan. AMD will die within 8 seconds without a heatsink, with a heatsink it'll give it some more time not much.

Originally posted by Yodums

That's not safe at all. Well not exactly with my fan, it spins at 7000rpm, and moves 40cfm of air, and it will crack your bones literally.

Another thing is that, you might even burn out the CPU, and they will burn without like sometime without a fan. AMD will die within 8 seconds without a heatsink, with a heatsink it'll give it some more time not much.

no offense but you full of crap =)

For one thing, those fans have no torque, they stop very very easy (maybe not the serious overclocking fans). So if you put your finger right in the center of the fan it will stop, the sound goes away you know that fan is bad.

As far as temperature, you stopping the fan for 1 sec. If that burns out the cpu, you have bigger problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back