Please help me.

C

circuit

Okay, running windows xp with sp1. For some reason when i opened outlook, windows messenger opened up, even though I had removed it via add/remove windows components. Now when I try to go to start, control panel, add/remove programs I get the following error:

Parser Message:
Value creation failed " at 472.

What wonderful issue is this? Please help.
:(
Circuit

You have to disable it again due to the updates provided in SP1 for Messenger... Attack all the messenger files via search (and destroy). Then go into the registry and scour it clean of messenger (back-up registry first).:D

he parser error on add/remove is caused by a faulty shellstyle in the theme you are using, go back to luna or classic and add/remove will work again.

The way I removed MSN and icon perm was to open it, start it, go to options and uncheck the boxes. it won't load, show the tray icon, nothing. No registry editing, no add/remove. it kilss it dead. :)

Messenger ughh!

Ok I don't understand exactly what pulp said, could you guys explain more than 1 way to stop this messenger from loading when I start outlook.

Thank you...

I got rid of mine by:

Right click on the start button

Click "explore"

then clicked "Program files"
and deleted the entire folder out of the hard drive.

I did it on my desktop computer too and they don't show up
anywhere, even in the registry.

Sure don't miss that ugly Icon either.

No luck...

I have tried that- also renamming the folder, deleting the folder but it's protected and I don't know how to get around that.

This is after Service Pack 1 install.

Lost

Can someone explain how to stop MSN from loading up when I launch Outlook, not Outlook Express?

I use Outlook not Express, so the registry is different...

Or should I just do the Express thing and that will fix me up for regular Outlook too?

If not - whoever decides to explain how to do this with Outlook could you provide a screenshot - I don't care how big it is, just show me the necessities.

Type
"gpedit.msc"
without the quotes into Run, and you will get the Group Policy Editor. Following are several things you can do with this utility. Be careful: If you don't understand what you're changing, your best bet is not to change it. You can really do some damage. After all, you must be logged in as an administrator to do any of this.

You can stop the Windows Messenger from loading. Make sure you exit Messenger before you begin. Start navigating at Computer Configuration. Next, go to Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Windows Messenger, double-click "Do Not Allow Windows Messenger To Be Run," and choose Enable to block Messenger from loading. This setting has the added bonus of not automatically loading the Messenger every time you load Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft applications, so if you never use Windows Messenger, you can save resources by blocking its incessant loading.

:cool:

That worx BUT - why does it take so long for Outlook to load up now?

This is the fix
open reg edit

hit edit / find

FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541

open the subfolders

InProc32 and LocalServer32
key values
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msgsc.dlland
&
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

and modify both these default keys
to an empty string. (no value)

Reboot

:cool:

ok uhmmm ....

I only see 2 CLSID folders which are expanded with that key and see nothing about a value anywhere.

Let me know -- what now...

I was also trying to host a http server but my local area connection isn't normal - if i hit properties on it I don't get the normal listed client for microsoft networks, file and print sharing, QoS packet scheduler, and Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)--

I only get a general tab with the option to display the icon in my systray. What is new though is this Network Bridge (MAC Bridge Miniport) also my mapped network hard drives are no longer connected (working)...

These problems appeared just a couple days ago. They did initially work with Service Pack 1 but now after about 2 days ago, not one bit of networking works now. I have no clue why!

this is what it looks like

right on the key called default, modify
delete the "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msgsc.dll" text

then do the same in the LocalServer32 folder

:p

Okay now i got it... my prob was the fact that it doesn't find the correct {FB7199AB-79BF-11D2-8D94-0000F875C541} string where your talking unless you have the right ROOT open.

I totally deleted those values which both pointed to some type of .dll of Windows Messenger I think.

Thnx for all the help. =)

(After Reboot <Loaded Outlook>)
Still took almost 1 minute or more to load Outlook.
why is it still lagging ?

Still waiting for a fix on outlook taking forever to load up...

I do not have Outlook version 6 or Explorer version 6

Outlook version (10.2627.2625) Service Pack 1 ?
Internet Explorer version (6.0.2800.1106.xpsp1.020828-1920)

So since I'm trying to fix Outlook loading times this isn't going to help me at all...right?

yoda, those are the latest versions of each. meaning you have the newest version of both outlook and ie.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back