Please help me whit some tips

M

Mike69

Hey
My english isnt the best but hope you will understand this,yesterday i went too watch some .asf files and when i click the link mediaplayer7 always started right away but now i get a popup asking me if i want too open the file or save it soo i uncheck that "warn me about these kind of files" and press open and the filetranfers dialog starts instead of mediaplayer...Next link the same,that little box i uncheck so it want ask me again never change???and chechked mediatab in explorer and it works if i play the .asf file in media field but cant get .asf too play whit mediaplayer anymore but in opera6 i can watch .asf files in mediaplayer when i click the link right away...What can i doo too get the popup too save the setting not too popup again??somewere in the reg maybe or were???cant recall that i have installed or changed anything and have checked the settings in wmp too play .asf,,and all works whit .wmw files then wmp start right away like stream should...How can i get .asf files too use mediaplayer as deafault instead of asking me if i will open or save it??soo please please can someone try too give me some tips here....much appreciate any help and tips on how too change this thanks

IE > Tools > Internet Options > Security > Custom Level > launching programs and files > switch to prompt > hit ok

:cool:

I think iceman was camping on that post :)

yeah what he suggested should work...

if it does not just go through into options/properties for windows media player and mess around with the settings there :)

and also I am sure there is someone here on this site who speaks the same language as you...

g.luck mate...

No luck for me too get this thing too work,works fine whit .wmw but not for .asf:( but thanks for trying too help me...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back