Please help me in choosing web hosting

0xyGen

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Well, there are a couple web host provider that can certainly offer their services..

If could try an alternate host like Nearly Free Speech which is a "pay for what you use" host. Their service has gotten fairly reliable and is a no-frills type of host (unless you want to pay for said frills).

I use and stand behind Sherweb - www.sherweb.com. Rock solid hosting for both web and exchange/sharepoint, customer service and support is amazing as well.

I've been using dreamhost.com for several years. They host over 10 of my sites (in sig) on a single account. Ridiculous specs for the price. And if you do use them please add me as referrer :D

We use Intermedia’s <a href="http://www.intermedia.net/products/exchange-hosting">Hosted exchange</a>. They really made the transition seamless. I loved how they took care of the migration for us.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back