Please help me figure out how to un-install Freeserve software from Outlook Express!

K

KatFisch

I recently tried Freeserve internet access free for a month. However, I dont use it anymore but I do not know how to remove the software that it installed on my Outlook Express and IE. I usually manually input the dial-up number but there was not an option to do so (atleast, I didnt see it!) I have tried System Restore but it says it cant restore back to the point(s) that I chose, and I have looked under Add/Remove programs but Outlook Express is not there (??) Not that I want to uninstall the whole Outlook - just what Freeserve put on it (like a Search bar thing added at the bottom) I have deleted the Freeserve account on my Outlook but I cant figure out how to get rid of the blummin' software that it installed! Please tell me how I can get rid of it - Thank you! :)

I'm currently using freeserve and none of my software has been touched.

Speedy_B - it mustve given you the option to do it manually then? Thats what I have done with other ISP's but did not see an option to do that with Freeserve :(

BonyTony - Thank you for the links!

Ok...I have looked in my registry and tried to find the BodyBarPath key under Outlook Express...but there is nothing like that there.

I dl'ed the script from the second link. It removed the branding from my Outlook...ie. where it said Outlook Express powered by Freeserve, but the search bar thing is still at the bottom!
I can see myself calling the gits up and them charging me 50p a minute............

Yeah i probably did do it manually (i tend to do that sort of thing)

Have you tried lookin in the OE folder ?
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express
see if theres a backup file (ie 2 files with slightly diff names as if ones been replaced)

There seems to be a guide up on the freeserve site on how to "Remove FreeServe from your Windows XP Computer" see if helps...
link

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back