Please help - installing XP drivers for my GF3 ti200

D

digital orgasm

Hi

I'm hoping some XP gurus are gonna read this thread cos I have a problem.

I installed Win XP Pro last night (upgrade over Win98 SE) And I love the look and features and it all installed fine - just had a few probs that i managed to sort.

However I have one major problem - gfx drivers. After XP installed I tried to put on the latest official XP drivers from NVidia's site (28.32s)

However when I ran UT - it ran like a bag of crap - 10 FPS jerky as hell - Quake 3 worked ok ish (still a bit jerky)

So what II need to know is how the hell do I install the latest drivers for my card (Geforce3 TI200)?

I've even tried the official XP ones from MSI (27.50) and I get the same problem.

Also when I go into settings,advanced, geforce3 ti 200 and look at the driver file details, in the list is says there are 22.80s and 21.83 there, and when I run UT with these it runs quite well

However as soon as i install the new ones the list says they are all 28.32s apart from one that is still a 21.83.

shouldnt they all say the same driver??

Please help cos it's doing my head in and dont know what im doing wrong

Thx in advance

I've got those drivers but which ever i try i still get poor performance

The only ones that work with my games half decent are the 21.83s (win2000 version)

these are on the disk that came with my card

been at this all day and still i have problems - Unreal Tournament runs like a bag of crap when i install the latest detonators

So heres what I have done

Removed the drivers - from control panel driver details - remove drivers

Also add/remove progrmas- deleted Nvidia display drivers

Deleted gfx card from display adaptor in device manager

Restart PC

New hardware found

Install the drivers that are on the disk that came with my MSI Geforce 3 Ti200. These are the 21.83s and are the Win 2000 version (as there is no xP version)

Restart PC

Go into settings - advanced - Geforce3ti200 tab - driver version information

Says stuff like

Filename Description Version
Nv_4disp.dll Display driver 5.13.01.2183

All the rest say the same version except these two

Nvdd32.dll Display driver 5.13.01.2280
nvarch32.dll Display driver 5.13.01.2280

Why is this??

Where have the 22.80 files come from?
Why are they there?

Shouldn't is say 21.83 all the way through?

How do i do a clean install of the latest detonator XP drivers??

However with the setup as described above - Unreal Tournament runs much better - 70 FPS and hardly any jerking

But surely this isn't how the drivers should be set up?

Please someone help

I'm om ...
Win XP
XP1500 processor
Epox KTA7 mobo
MSI Geforce3ti200
latest 4 in 1 installed
latest version of direct x

Everything else runs fine

Clean install back up whatever you can (or want) and format.

ok ive done a clean install after formatting....

still the same problem

UT runs very jerkilt

any ideas?

Have you updated your chipset drivers? I know with my old KT7 board some games ran choppy with my geforce 2 untell I updated the drivers for the chipset the 4in1 driver I think there called whatever VIA calls there drivers, might be worth checking with your mobo maker and see if they have anything like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back