Please Help CPU speed reduced

H

hunterv69

Before when i right click on my computer it will tell me my Processor Speed. Which during the time was about 1.4 GHz
... Now it's 1.06 GHz. Can someone tell why it dropped, if it's hardware or just a glitch in XP? Other than that my computer works perfectly Fine, I'm just afraid it might get worse.

Please help.

Josh

This may be from a bios setting or the power profile of your computer. Go into display properties<Screen Saver<Power. Set your power scheme to always on then restart. If it still says the same thing check your bios. If it is correct in the bios there is another way to check the processor speed through dxdiag. Click start<run and type DXDIAG.EXE. This will always have the correct speed rating. Hope this helps

my motherboard is a Asus A7m266
and the power scheme is on always

I'm going to hazard a guess that something has reset your bios and that it's on its default settings.

See if you can increase it ti 1.4 in the BIOS

IT'S ALL FIXED THANX EVERYONE.. I went into the bios and changed the buss from 100 to 133 and it fixed it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back