Please give advice is my mobo dead.

well aparently the problems i have been having are explained. Through lots of switching out parts i have decided that my ASUS A7V8X mobo is gone.
But let me ask for more advice. During a proccesor switchout my comp started doing some weird stuff (monitor losing its feed and having to reboot)
so i switched back to the other proccessor. Now when i turn my computer on all the fans and lights go on telling me there is power, the cdrom trys to spin but nothing else, No output to the monitor happens. i have changed out my RAM/Videocard/2 seperate proccessors (both wont burn out i dont think) and a hardrive, and nothing, all the same results. I even tried reseting my CMOS and still nothing. Perhaps i scratched my mother board on the CPU change (if its important the new CPU was working but having the problem i mentioned earlier.) I alos isued a little rubing alchle on a Q-tip to clean a dusty spot on the mobo that coudnt be it could it?

please give me input.

and take a look at this replacment and tell me what you think. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-470&depa=0

the q-tip couldn't possibly have caused the problem... on the other hand, I think your motherboard is in fact dead. I'd kinda stay away from the KT600 chipset boards as it seems that they've not been getting very good reviews, especially when for not much more money (less than $20) you can get a VERY nice nForce2 board. Asus A7N8X, Abit NF7, Albatron KX18D, and the DFI Infinity and DFI Lanparty boards are good ones to look at... I personally don't see much of a reason to stick with the Via chipset at this point given how well the nForce2 boards are performing now.

what he said...

cryogenic said:
the q-tip couldn't possibly have caused the problem..... I personally don't see much of a reason to stick with the Via chipset at this point...

I agree on both counts - and I have the same ASUS board (a live one!). Although it's a shame to have a dead mobo look at it as a chance to upgrade the heart of your system - my personal choice would be to move to Abit, but end of the day choice is yours of course. Via drivers and power issues have definitely made an impression on me (they do work, but they are finickity, if that's a word :p )

I really dont know much about nforce can anyone give me some examples. the only thing i need on the board besides standard stuff like AGP 8X and network card is raid 0/1 for a hardrive and i will need that again. If anyone has some time can you please give me some exact xamples of a mobo:)

hear are my specs.

Xp2400 or XP2600 (the switch between these two gave me this headache)
Ati 9700 Pro
1gig of Pc 2700 XTM speed crucial
2 120 gigs WD
1 100 gig WD
|audigy 2 soundcard.
Cd burner (lite-on 52X)
DVD reader (16X)
WinFast Tv Card

Xp Pro.

Please give any and all input that you can. I apreciate it.

what you guys thing for this board.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-127-167&depa=0

sraycoz said:
...Xp2400 or XP2600 (the switch between these two gave me this headache)...

I want to bump this thread so you get what you need - all I would say is they are so cheap now why not spend a little more for an XP3000+ like what I have, I think it would make it all feel worthwhile? anyways I feel sure someone is gonna hint or give you links now I have bumped..

Good luck mate!

a 2600 can fairly easily be taken up to 3000 speeds. However, a 3000 would be likely to only get 3200 speeds or so. For price/performance, the 2600 is a better investment.

dreamliner77 said:
a 2600 can fairly easily be taken up to 3000 speeds. However, a 3000 would be likely to only get 3200 speeds or so. For price/performance, the 2600 is a better investment.

Dreamliner - you are undoubtedly right, especially in this case where the guy has these processors and seems to know what he is doing. However I do not personally O/C anything much and have a feeling this guy may have been put off the idea, it will put a strain on a mobo and in this case we had a dead 'un.... Just a thought.

Mainframeguy said:
Dreamliner - you are undoubtedly right, especially in this case where the guy has these processors and seems to know what he is doing. However I do not personally O/C anything much and have a feeling this guy may have been put off the idea, it will put a strain on a mobo and in this case we had a dead 'un.... Just a thought.

very true. I really dont have much want for overclocking. i dont mind doing some small tweaking at all but it seems that overclocking is too time consuming and risky. Plus im allready gona be broke getting a new mobo and being a poor college kid being broke comes wat to easy.

figured everything out. mobo dead mod y0u can remove this thread. thanks:)

sorry never saw your reply.. hehe i have a AN7 now and i figured out awhile back that the PS wads what killed it and a few other parts.. so.. there you go

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back