PlayStation2 -> VGA monitor question

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I am thinking of connecting my PS2 to my computer monitor and I have seen all kinds of VGA boxes around, for around 50 euros/dollars or about 30 pounds. But, will it work with a TFT monitor? Because TFT's have a fixed resolution, I think that may cause some sort of problem. Does anyone has experience with it?

Interesting question, I've only ever use a VGA box with a Dreamcast to a CRT, works niiiiice :)

I think that the picture on a TFT would probably be a bit blurred, as the console will be outputting 640x480 which isn't going to be the TFT's optimal resolution (unless it's an old or smaller TFT :) )

by smaller I meant 5 or 10"

If the 15" has a native resolution of 1024x768, then running something at 640x480 isn't going to look as crisp as something running at the native res. I think that the adapter will work (they claim to do so on the "features" list) I just don't think you're going to gain anything over using your PS2 through a TV set.

it doesn't look as "good"...

I believe unless you drop your monitors res to the appropriate levels it will look funky... mine does unless I play i change the res...

of course I have an AIW so I have an RCA adaptor as one of my dongles that plugs in as my a/v in... :)

there are boxes out there... running for around 30-40 dollars that do the job...

or you can go all out and get this

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...44326&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01013

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back