playstation2 or XBOX???

B

bheagle

just need some input..... which is the better choice???

is there something in particular you are looking for ?

in terms of pure tech... the ps2 cannot compare to the xbox...

in terms of gaming titles... now there you have a different story...

just overall value, best bang for the buck type of thing...

xBox, I hate my PS2 it's failed to impress me from day one, because I previously (and still do) owned a Dreamcast, which in my opinion, is still better than the PS2.

So I'd go with the xBox, or possibly a gamecube, I actually quite like the gamecube, its a nice unit with some top games ;)

xbox has Live! its big and bulky but if u can wait like 2 months u can get an xbox lite (same size as the PS2 and stackable but still has everything the older xbox's have)

The truth still remains that PS2's library of games can not be touched by the Xbox. On top of that, I am a BIG RPG fan and let's face it... Xbox doesn't have crap for RPG games. I would say PS2. Not saying that the PS2 is better than the Xbox or anything (Xbox is a year newer than PS2), just that there is more to games than graphics. Content is more important. Sports games, go Xbox. RPGs, go PS2.

damn MS to hell get a PS2, and yes I am still pissed at MS for their theft of Halo from the PC Gaming community

What's next for MS? Keep feeding the bear and it will eat you too! Doesn't MS have a big enough chunk of the pie? Just keep that in mind folks, the next time you scream "Monopoly."

ok, first off I could care less about how big of MS is, I do care however how I spend my money and I don't want my money going into a crappy game system if there is a better choice for the same money...

Personally I think if Ford made a game system that was better than any out there I would buy it, so all in all I'm looking for Value for the $$$$ not "how much money does this company have, cause if they have too much I'm not buying"

if you think that way, you prolly would have bought ENRON stock.

but keep the opinions coming anyway..... Thanks:)

dang all of you. gamecube rocks.......who cares if there isn't a dvd player. you probably have one anyway and plus it has good game selection with hits such as metroid and mario and zelda. classic games rock!!!!

Originally posted by Geffy
damn MS to hell get a PS2, and yes I am still pissed at MS for their theft of Halo from the PC Gaming community

yes... lets all applaud the delays of gta3 and vice city on the ps2... :)

lol... halo WILL come to pc... its on pre-order on some sites...

its called business... you make it time delayed... like splinter cell...

I get to test Halo for PC in a few months when ever gear box gets a nice and stable build for us to mess around with.

Dude, its coming out for the PC soon, i heard it was the summer, but i havnt checked in a while.

And personally i think an Xbox is the best choice, u can have some nice graphics, and there are good games out for it, and also, new games are GOING to come out soon. So if you want to have a good system for the long term, or short term, i think an Xbox is the way to go :)

-Bert

wow seems pretty split so far.... any ideas on overall game cost ps2 vs xbox, I mean are they about the same on both?

Ps2, because its a bit cheaper where i am and it has so many more games for it and you can play with older Ps games!

you could always get an Xbox and mod it so u can play ps2, xbox, and gc games on ur Xbox, i dunno if u can do it with a PS2, never looked at it. thats what im going to do soon :D

-Bert

My kids love the PS2 and for value for money, I'll stay with it , had it for 18 months and I play my music and movies throught it:)

Originally posted by Sazar
lol... halo WILL come to pc... its on pre-order on some sites...
Too little too late, it should have been out for PC sometime around the XBox launch, but M$ bought out Bungie and killed the PC orientation of the game. It'll be out done on PC by all of the newer games.

Too little too late, it should have been out for PC sometime around the XBox launch, but M$ bought out Bungie and killed the PC orientation of the game. It'll be out done on PC by all of the newer games.

if the visuals of the game are anywhere close to that on the xbox... :) the product will look amazing... and note that the game PLAYS well... its story line is FUN... and MP aspects are good...

I had more fun playing halo than another shooter that came out pretending to be like halp... unreal II...

Here's the stat for all three counsle and u can c xbox outperform everyone it's from microsoft that's the only lowpoint otherwise hardware topclass. In future there might be more game and I heard doom3 will be in xbox need to say more :blink:
xboxps2gc.jpg

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back