PlayStation 3 to Change E3

tdinc

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
found this over at IGN.com Its looks as if Sony is ready for the battle against
M$. Monday Sony plan a News Confrence, "about what"? no-one knows but from the looks of the pics overs at ign, the PS3 will be revealed at E3! :)

Link to PS3 sign Pics....

Yeah I was reading that earlier. I like the ads. :)

Well, should it be anything like the PS2, it will be a laughable mistake, yet hideously and very unfortunately popular. Guess we'll have to wait and see what Sony are throwing into the ring as their contender though :)

SPeedY_B said:
Well, should it be anything like the PS2, it will be a laughable mistake, yet hideously and very unfortunately popular. Guess we'll have to wait and see what Sony are throwing into the ring as their contender though :)
I hate to troll but I 100% agree. The Dreamcast should have more then crushed the PS2 but it couldn't beat out the hype machine. Will be interesting to see with Sony and MS going after each other if Nintendo can walk away with some marketshare. :)

PS2 was a good system and had excellent support.

The Dreamcast was superior in everyway (cept for the positioning of the cords on the controller) but Sony did a great PR job.

PS3 sounds like a monster on paper but Cell could well turn out to be the most hyped processing unit ever. Still, I am wondering how effectively M$ will be able to cool their 3 way processor setup in the Xbox360.

Sazar said:
PS2 was a good system and had excellent support.
Still, I am wondering how effectively M$ will be able to cool their 3 way processor setup in the Xbox360.

They are using a system of watercooling that automatically adjusts based on the temperature of the 360. This enables the 360 to run at a temperature lower than the Xbox. Also, say if you are doing something that will not be utilizing all three CPUs (like watching a DVD), then two of them shut off to lower the heat.

Grandmaster said:
They are using a system of watercooling that automatically adjusts based on the temperature of the 360. This enables the 360 to run at a temperature lower than the Xbox. Also, say if you are doing something that will not be utilizing all three CPUs (like watching a DVD), then two of them shut off to lower the heat.

It is not water-cooled. Thats just pr :)

It has heat-pipes with liquid in there which m$ claims makes it water cooled :D Any computer enthusiast would laugh that off. Apple makes the same claim for some of its proc's as do some other companies who make build-to-order systems.

Wrt power-throttling, I would expect that purely because most new processors have that feature.

the_music_man said:
why was the dreamcast suppose to beat the ps2? i liked the ps2 a lot better
Just an all around better console with better games.

Sazar said:
It is not water-cooled. Thats just pr :)

It has heat-pipes with liquid in there which m$ claims makes it water cooled :D Any computer enthusiast would laugh that off. Apple makes the same claim for some of its proc's as do some other companies who make build-to-order systems.

Wrt power-throttling, I would expect that purely because most new processors have that feature.

I stand corrected, it is indeed a liquid based cooling system, and it doesn't use water. :nervous:

PS3 will most likely be backwards compatable as was the PS2. Try as they might, M$ will NEVER touch the amount of games that the PS3 will be able to play. There were over 2000 titles (just English alone, not including Japanese) on the PS1. I'm not quite sure how many on the PS2, but surely any store you go into the PS2 section is 2 to 3 times the size of your XBox section. Plus, M$ has a severe lack of RPGs... PS has Squaresoft (Square-Enix) The PS3 will be released after the XBox this time around...

Just wait... you will see :)

i'm a sony guy myself but personally IMO I like using the keyboard and mouse for FPS games. Me and my 6800 GT are ready for the next gen games!!! bring it!

xsivforce said:
opinion...
Really? Thanks for that...

captainobvious5zp.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back