Playstation 3 Pre-Orders

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I was shopping this past Thursday, June 1st, and saw a sign up for pre-orders on the PS3. I had to put $50 down, but I put a reserve on one of the 20GB and one of the 60GB. Wasn't able to get more info other than that they would be out 3rd week of November.

:D

What store might this be?..cause I know I had to up on a phone waiting list iover at game stop.

FYE -

www.fye.com

They said, and I confirmed with a few other game shops in the mall, no other stores are taking them yet :D

nope...iv decided not to get a ps3.....1) because of the price and 2) because id rather get another electric guitar.

I am waiting for Wii preoders myself :p, I'll pickup a ps3 in 3 years when they are cheaper...if that ever happens

Whats the price?
I dont think ill get one, ill stick with computers :)
Is it true that the ps3 can play blu-ray movies?
If so, it might be worth getting simply for the blu-ray movie player

The 20GB will be 400 and the 60GB will be 500 from what I was told. I put 50 down on each to reserve them :)

Thanks for the info KC - I'm searching for the CDN equivelant. I will most likely have to wait for this preorder thing, we always get stuff slightly later than our American brothers.

I'm now accepting offers on the two I'll have :smoker:

Mastershakes said:
Thanks for the info KC - I'm searching for the CDN equivelant. I will most likely have to wait for this preorder thing, we always get stuff slightly later than our American brothers.

At an elevated price too. Even though the Canadian Dollar is stronger than ever. I might attempt to buy one in Michigan instead of Ontario. But it's too damn expensive. I'd rather use $659 Canadian + taxes on auto insurance.

I'll likely end up waiting until 2008 to get a PS3. FFXIII probably won't be out until then...heh.

Melon

i think i'll do the same, i have a frys near me.

Please let us know if you see any other outlets pre-selling. I can't wait!

will do, i'll look this weekend.

I haven't seen any pre-selling, most places are on a strict first-come-first serve basis.

That being said, I am now up to 8 on the pre-order :D

I am within the top 24 for all 8 too, I have a good shot at getting some ;)

kc said:
I'm now accepting offers on the two I'll have :smoker:

Put them on ebay... I'm sure you've seen the prices on the 360 5 days before they came out. What about 5 months:laugh:

Why not? You put down 100 bucks didn't you? Get the reciept of the payment, and basically sell that and the difference with a reserve of the total amount...

I am waiting for Wii preoders myself :p, I'll pickup a ps3 in 3 years when they are cheaper...if that ever happens
What was sony thinking putting a 500-600 price tag on the PS3, I love the but I could never get the money:devious: ....so i guess I 'll have to beg my parents for the Wii.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back