Playstation 3 Pre-Orders

If that is true, this is a solution, have one of your friends go to another store, or family member lol...

You know, I would just get one and sell it. I'm sure that the first batch will have issues just like the 360 did and then you want a new one, but noone want's yours :s

Gonna buy a 500 and 600 dollar version, then sell the 500 on ebay for hopefully double :)
and ill bet it will sell, right aroung the christmas season...
KC, i thought it would be 1 per household. Is this correct?

Um, I don't know where you are getting your information from, but there isn't a 500 and a 600 dollar one. The prices are 400 and 500 respectively, at least where I bought them from they are :)

Could be possible I was told the wrong prices though?

If that is true, this is a solution, have one of your friends go to another store, or family member lol...

Not possible, and again at least not where I bought them from. I had to fill out a form, sign it, they took a copy of my ID. Fine for me though ;)

I called fye, its 2 per person.
Can i ask if you guys think its too risky to get two?
and sell one?
If i get it within first two shipments.
Because i pre-order now, but that still could mean i dont get it in first shipment, right?

I went to the store on two different occasions, buying 4 each time. I asked both times, and both times they confirmed with management, I can buy as many as I want. When I asked about getting in the first shipment, the only answer they could give either time I went was they were going to try and fill their pre-sales. Not possible IMO, but I am in the top 10 for my first 4 and the top 28 for all 8, so here's hoping :up:

You know, I would just get one and sell it. I'm sure that the first batch will have issues just like the 360 did and then you want a new one, but noone want's yours :s

Who really cares? People will still want it. I have 8, and I EXPECT to at LEAST double my cash, if not more :eek:

It's people like the ones in this thread that buy to resell that ruin it for the people who really want one. Buying as many as you can so you can turn around and sell them for a huge profit. I think they should limit everyone to ONE so this type of thing doesn't happen.

Ok,
Heres the deal, currently.
500 for base model, 600 for good model.
limit 2 per person at fye (now)
the fye guys said they are stopping taking pre-orders soon.

I am gonna ask them today when i go to get my pre-orders, if its possible a pre-order works for a diff store.
Im assuming it wont, but i thought of a store more likely to have the ps3 longer (No people) because its not in a popular mall.
Still fye though.

They can't stop you from physicall going to another location and doing it. But you won't be able to order/pay there and have it reserved somewhere else.

It's people like the ones in this thread that buy to resell that ruin it for the people who really want one. Buying as many as you can so you can turn around and sell them for a huge profit. I think they should limit everyone to ONE so this type of thing doesn't happen.

Maybe so, but its been happening for years. Happens for Tickets to events such as concerts and sporting events as well. It's a business, which could be circumvented if companies did a better job of meeting the demand.

There is no demand because people like YOU buy it up to take advantage of the demand. Most people who want one can't even afford to pay the $500.00 price tag let alone the $1000.00 that you'll probably be paying for the first month.

So pre-orders should be limited to 1 per customer.

Most people who want one can't even afford to pay the $500.00 price tag
You know I was gonna say that. There's kids and adults for that matter who would love one of these but can't possibly afford to buy just one yet there's people who obviously have money to burn who are buying half a dozen for no reason except pure greed :rolleyes:

Put your money towards your college education. That's more important.

You probably got ripped off badly then. The advertised price at the mall is 399 - for the cheaper one.

There is no demand because people like YOU buy it up to take advantage of the demand. Most people who want one can't even afford to pay the $500.00 price tag let alone the $1000.00 that you'll probably be paying for the first month.

So pre-orders should be limited to 1 per customer.

Im with matt on this one. Kids will be wanting a ps3 for christmas nd such. The parents wont be able to get one because people like you go and pre-order them, and have no intention of using it. While the kids are upset because there parents cant get one and now cant afford one at the prices you will sell them on ebay. Why buy one with no intention of using it? I will tell you why, to satifsfy your greed for money. Why make this into your own personal business? These are games machines for people to enjoy themselves on, nothing else.

so what one you keeping, and how much will you be selling it for.

you know, with the 360s, there was a listing on ebay that went for 11 million usd. They claimed that you get the first 360 made - and you also got a free, trans-atlantic cruise for a bonus.

It sold just over 11 million. Have any extra bonuses in that caliber Jack?

i can see both sides, if people dont buy 10 just to sell on then the availibilty will be good for everyone at a fair price, but it's also a sure way to make mega ££ by selling on a few to those that cant wait.

vanquished said:
Yah,
Ill throw in a free brand new 50 foot yacht :)
For eleven mil, its worth it

ooohh, I'd make sure they pay the shipping on that one :p

Anyone know exactly what the "official" release is? Local stores over here show dates from october this year, all the way to january next year...

I thought it was the last week in november ?

you know, with the 360s, there was a listing on ebay that went for 11 million usd. They claimed that you get the first 360 made - and you also got a free, trans-atlantic cruise for a bonus.

It sold just over 11 million. Have any extra bonuses in that caliber Jack?

Do you have the item number or the link to that auction? I am interested in seeing it!!

lol

Im pre-ordering my PS3 today at FYE!! There are about 28 people already on the list...But if I am not on the first shipment, they said I could get my money back!!!! What do you guys think are the chances I will get 1 out of the first shipment, with 28 people already on the list? (there are probably at least 1-2 who will back out; not have enough cash)

Do you have the item number or the link to that auction? I am interested in seeing it!!

lol

Im pre-ordering my PS3 today at FYE!! There are about 28 people already on the list...But if I am not on the first shipment, they said I could get my money back!!!! What do you guys think are the chances I will get 1 out of the first shipment, with 28 people already on the list? (there are probably at least 1-2 who will back out; not have enough cash)
In regards to their being 28 ahead of you, I was told that they will "try to meet their pre-orders". Obviously, that still being months away, unless they stop taking them that won't be possible.

But, I was told the same thing, that I can get my money back if I dont' get them in the first shipment.

Good luck to you ;)

It maybe because the PS3 is soley targeted at the 20s + market, which does have the money for this type of thing.

I really keep changing my mind over Sony and the PS3. On the one hand, £500 isn't bad, considering you get something fairly powerful and for 1/2 the price of a good self build PC. On the other hand, blue ray doesn't interest me at all, and seems like an attempt to push it onto users, also if the pricing works it could encourage an even higher price for the PS4 when it comes out in 2009-10 or so.

Sony are taking a risk, I know that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back