Playing back movie problem

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Alright, I'm mad now. I ran the tweaktown guide a while ago. Since than I've been having a few problems. Recently I got a few movies off kazaa (no, not p0rn lol) Just some simpson's espoides. I try to run them on my laptop and I get a error in WMP saying that the file can not be found. I try running it in AVI Previewer and I get the same error message. Grrr! So I copy it to my crappy desktop and it works with no issues! Whats going on? I have the right codecs and everything, and I have NTFS file format. Help, What did I do? What Can I do to fix it?

-lieb39

You could try using his program, it fixes some errors in video files (ie. unable to search forward, unable to load)

ASF-AVI-RM-WMV Repair
search for it in Google

Didn't do it. It has something to do with registry entires and something with Fat32. Help!

If the file name including the full directory path is over 255 characters, with FAT32 this can cause problems for programs.
Moving the file to your desktop probably reduced the length of the directory path.

Tried that. No luck, I even moved that file to c:\ and renamed it to a name without spaces

-lieb39

what tweaks did you apply exactly? It might help to pinpoint the problem.

I checked, found it and it was on its default setting. Didn't touch it.. it was something to do with "NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation"

But now that string is disabled. Now what?

-lieb39

Now get this. WinDVD plays it. Just WinDVD, not even WinDVD Platinum. Now I'm really mad because WinDVD is horrible, the Platinum edition is the only way to go. Can anyone help me?

-lieb39

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back