• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Play video files from incomplete RAR archives

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Now everyone who can't seem to get those "family videos" to play that have corrupted RAR bits can play them :D

Saw this on Download Squad yesterday, and IMO something like this is long overdue!

Dziobas RAR Player is a media player with a couple of nice features, but one that stands out in particular: the ability to play an incomplete RAR file.

With videos that have been compressed as RAR files, you usually have to wait until the entire archive is downloaded before you can uncompress the file for playback. With Dziobas RAR player, you can view any portion of the RAR file you've downloaded without having to wait for the rest.
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/0...m-incomplete-rar-archives-with-dziobas-rar-p/

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Yea I saw this on Download Squad acouple days ago as well, useful, but not sure when I have ever needed it...hmmm

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Actually gave this a whirl - works as advertised. Only thing(s) I didn't like is you can't fast forward or rewind, can only play/pause. When clip reaches the end, you need to start over - if there was control within the clip itself, that would be sweet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dixoncarry