Play a game without the CD

wingman411

OSNN Senior Addict
I know there is a program that allows you to play a CD based game without having to keep puting in the CD, I just can't remember where I saw it.

i do believe you are looking for a crack for whatever game.best to look elsewhere for that

Actually, if you have plenty of hard drive space you can make an image of the cd, and use daemon tools to make a virtual drive, so its like you have the cd in the cd-rom. I do this with a few games, makes it easier instead of switching, and I also find that it makes games run smoother sometimes.

Originally posted by monmusion
Actually, if you have plenty of hard drive space you can make an image of the cd, and use daemon tools to make a virtual drive, so its like you have the cd in the cd-rom. I do this with a few games, makes it easier instead of switching, and I also find that it makes games run smoother sometimes.

I haven't tried the above but you can easily do the same thing using a program called alcohol 120% found here Alcohol Soft they have a setting to creat virtual drives. It works with everything cd, not just games, but movies, music pretty much everything on cd or dvd. BUT like above you need to have the harddrive space for it to work becuase what your doing is mounting a cd or dvd image that will be on your hard drive.

If it is a specific game that your looking to get to work, you may just do a google search for "gamename no-cd patch" I'd give you a link to a specific site, but the site has cracks too and i'm not sure if a link to that site would be allowed here.

Good luck

Check your PM for a good site.

Originally posted by Shade2074
I haven't tried the above but you can easily do the same thing using a program called alcohol 120% found here Alcohol Soft they have a setting to creat virtual drives. It works with everything cd, not just games, but movies, music pretty much everything on cd or dvd. BUT like above you need to have the harddrive space for it to work becuase what your doing is mounting a cd or dvd image that will be on your hard drive.

I use both Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools.
Alcohol to make the image of the CD, then Daemon Tools to mount the image to a virtual drive, making it seem like the CD is in the drive 24/7 without it actually being there! :D

Originally posted by Shade2074
If it is a specific game that your looking to get to work, you may just do a google search for "gamename no-cd patch" I'd give you a link to a specific site, but the site has cracks too and i'm not sure if a link to that site would be allowed here.

Good luck

Check your PM for a good site.

If you owe the original CDs then a no-cd patch is ok... but do not post sites... :)
*looks around for mods* :p

Originally posted by Ragnarok
I use both Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools.
Alcohol to make the image of the CD, then Daemon Tools to mount the image to a virtual drive, making it seem like the CD is in the drive 24/7 without it actually being there! :D

This may save you a step. I'm not sure if you are aware but you can mount your image with Alcohol 120% (that's why i hadn't heard of daemon tools i didn't need it.) If you open Alcohol 120% look for this:
Alcohol120.gif

click on virtual drives.
you'll get a screen that looks like this:
Alcohol120b.gif

If you set the number to < 0 it will make that many virtual drives. (to get rid of them set the number back to 0)
Now all you do is use windows explorer and right click on one of your virtual drives and select mount image... your good to go :)
maybe that will save you a step or two, now you can use Alcohol120% for making an image AND mounting it too. :D

If you owe the original CDs then a no-cd patch is ok... but do not post sites... :)
*looks around for mods* :p
wavey.gif

Yup.. No links please, I often use images to use things off CD/Virtual drives, it's just a lot easier, esspecially If its something that you use a lot then you can just leave the image mounted. :)

Originally posted by Ragnarok
:eek:
Didn't know that! Thanks... I'll give it a try!

RaG

Glad I was able to help :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Yup.. No links please, I often use images to use things off CD/Virtual drives, it's just a lot easier, esspecially If its something that you use a lot then you can just leave the image mounted. :)

I figured links wouldn't be good. I agree it's a win win situation all around if you have the extra space, load times are shorter and no need to worry about those curious scratches and syrup on the bottom of the cd's (I have kids )
oops.gif

the latest version of Clone CD also has a virtual drive facility built in - I use this for GTA3 and FIFA2003 mostly as they're the CDs I use more often than others :)

hehe, scratches I can relate to, no syrup on my CD's tho :D

jonifen, I'd heard about the clone Cd thing, haven't had a chance to try it yet though.
Any idea if it's funtional in the trial version?, I'm not really a CCD person, but wouldnt mind giving the virtual cd feature a try :)

The main advantage Daemon Tools has over "Alcohol" is that it is free!
Agreed that Alcohol seems to have more comprehensive options.

Originally posted by RogerPhillis
The main advantage Daemon Tools has over "Alcohol" is that it is free!
Agreed that Alcohol seems to have more comprehensive options.

Ahhhh very good point, and one that I had oversighted. D'oh! should have mentioned that too. Thank you for pointing that out though
:D

Since many people already have Nero installed, thought I'd mention that it also includes a virtual cd drive.
Click Nero Image Drive Installer in the Start menu program folder.

i wont add a link but its called game copy world

now try makin that into a URL with a www. and a .com

and the site is not illegal b4 mod's start deleting

Originally posted by GoNz0
i wont add a link but its called game copy world

now try makin that into a URL with a www. and a .com

and the site is not illegal b4 mod's start deleting

LOL

I get my game fixes from there
it is a legal site

also a good place to look is megagames

:cool:

I use all three of them, (Nero, Alcohol, and DT), and To be honest, they all work pretty much the same. The only thing that I have noticed is that Nero has a hard time with COPY PROTECTED CD's. Alcohol makes a great image, for mounting with either of the three tho.

~Jake

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back