plausible or not?

350z4life

OSNN Junior Addict
Was just reading some tin foil had stuff, haha. It claims that windows can run application, such as secret logging etc, without you knowing it, but I'm sure it would be found out. i mean windows has been reverse engineered, hacked, and everything else

actually to go into detail, secret logging that would, on a network, send your activity to all the pcs on the network. So that everyone on your network would have a lot of your activity, and vice versa. Don' think this is true, just wondering if it was theoretically possible

I would think that, even if such activities were taking place, not to mention the actual transfer of the data, it would be noticed. This would require an application, and whether or not it would be hidden to the user, would be found by any analysis of a hdd.

Bottom line, is it possible for windows to hide such applications from the user without looking deep into the content of a hdd?

Just thought i'd see what you guys thought

Logging is easy. But im sure an expert user can figure it out if he is looking for it.

Yes it can.

The hacker tool that does it is called a root kit. Sony released a windows root kit and the hidden programs to run with it to the public last year in a really warped atttempt at music CD copy protection. They have since recalled the cd's but thousands of computers now have root kits installed for any interested hacker to utilize.

Further, in addition to root kits there are dozens of commercially available programs out there that are installed on all business networks to spy on the employees activity. In addition, your spouse, child, or parent can install a hidden keylogger on your machine when you are not looking. You have to make a serious effort to find some of these keyloggers.

Feel exposed? Vulnerable? Welcome to computing in the 21rst century.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back