• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PIX configuration does not replicate completely

wigan_ukmale

OSNN Junior Addict
The PIX configuration does not replicate completely from the active to the secondary. Replication appears to function; the active unit replicates very slowly and the gives the message Sync Completed. However, the secondary is missing some of its OSPF configuration; some network statements, the router-id statement and maybe the redistribute statement. We have not seen any other omissions but the loss of OSPF is enough to render the PIX non-operational.

We suspected the PIX hardware so the Primary (standby) PIX and the failover cable were replaced but this did not resolve the problem; the new unit showed the same missing OSPF commands.

IOS bugs CSCed38963 & CSCeb78876 have been tested with the work arounds but have not managed to solve the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix