Pioneer DVR-104

N

Nightbreeder

I installed this onto a Gigabyte GA8-IRXP board as a master on its own channel. Whenever I burn DVD's using an ISO filesystem (backing up HDD Data) I cant get above 4gb(ish) - I tried changing Media brands but still no avail. I have updated ASPI drivers to 4.71 and Nero 5.5.9.0. XP is sp'd up and all updates - I have tried disabling DMA (even though it is a DMA drive). It will sometimes burn up to 4.3gb but most of the time it only keeps about 4.04gb, anything it writes over this fails the verification and you cannot pull the data back off.
Anyone any other ideas?

Cheers

My Pioneer DVD-ROM (not a dvd recorder i know) only works properly if it has it's jumpers set it as a slave device (on it's own channel or not).

Likely the most relevant factor is the difference between ISO and UDF block sizes -- you're not always gonna be able to get the full raw 4.7GB onto a disc using any non-UDF format, particularly with as many smaller files as a hard disk backup would generate. As far as Nero not picking up on this and trying to write past the boundary, I haven't a clue.

That's odd, Sagima -- which Pioneer drive are you using? My 16x slot-load has worked fine as master on the secondary channel on a couple of different motherboards. In your case, it may be an IDE controller issue (particularly if you have one of the newer UDMA/100 Pioneers).

Would it be advantageous to use UDF opposed to ISO then for backup purposes? I am just backing up MP3's etc

Originally posted by Gnu
That's odd, Sagima -- which Pioneer drive are you using? My 16x slot-load has worked fine as master on the secondary channel on a couple of different motherboards. In your case, it may be an IDE controller issue (particularly if you have one of the newer UDMA/100 Pioneers).

It's a 16x slot loading thing as well DVD-106S though I flashed it's firmware to reove the region locking counter so perhaps that has something to do with it. It never reads above 2x as Master or Cable Select.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back