Pioneer DVD-116

G

Garbage

anyone got any xp drivers for the pioneer dvd-116 dvdrom? i cant get this thing to play dvds, itll just play regular cds.

it says "There is no MSCDEX.EXE Copy it to the drive from the DOS disk." what dos disk? how do i get this file?

most likely it is talking about the windows xp cd

Brad

Do you have any DVD software loaded? Without it ( PowerDVD or WinDVD) you will not be able to play DVD's. Both have free trials that can be used for 30 days to see which one you will like. The other drivers are for making the cdrom available under dos and will not allow you to view any dvd's.

weird
i have the 116 too without any probelms
i use powerdvd 4.0
i remember having some problem in winDVd... it could be mscdex related but i cant remember.

best thign is to put a dvd in, and check in windows explorer if it 'see's the dvd... you should be able to see hte contents of it

if it works, you know it can read dvds and its just software problem

it wont read them at all. i open windows explorer and click on the drive and it says to insert a disk because it thinks nothing is in there. damn the pioneer.

delete the dvdrom from device manager and reboot
let it re-add it
also change to Master IDe2 see if that helps

if not it does sound like a dead drive
does bios dtect it?
use a windows98 bootdisk with cdrom support to see if it dtects cds in dos mode

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back