Pinnacle DC10plus - No capture :( Please help!

E

eNuffSaid

Hi,

Please help me!!!

I just bought the DC10plus with Studio 8. Everything installed nicely. When I want to capture something I don't get any video in the "capture"window (it remains black), nor does the counter start when I click on "start recording" but the "stop recording" button does become available. When I stop the recording it tries to find the scenes but obviously can't find any.

In the Device Manager everything seems okay. I have selected the correct source "DC10 capture card". In the Capture Control Panel (Studio 8) I can select from 2 composite inputs and 1 SVHS. Obviously I have tried all, but to no avail. Why do I have 2 composite inputs? But most of all, why am I not getting any signal? I've tested the output from the VHS player and it is good!

Please help me! Any input is welcome.

I have
WinXP SP1
Asus P4G8X mobo
Radeon 9700 pro
DC10plus (obviously) ;)

Again, thanks in advance!!!

I had a similar prob and cured it by D/l and installing the latest WDM drivers from Microsoft.

PS:

Also there seems to be a bug in this prog, after you have clicked "start Capture" press stop straight away and start it again, for some reason it only works on the 2nd click.

Hi Woolly! Thanks for your input mate! Unfortunately it didn't work.

With WDM I take it you meant the latest Windows Media Codecs.

I even tried a new install of WinXP, but same problem. Also, after deinstalling Studio 8 and then reinstalling it gave my Licensing Errors upon startup op Studio 8. There was no way I managed to fix that error, no matter how much I deinstalled, deleted registry keys, etc.

Returned the card to the store. Tomorrow i can pick up another card to see if it may be a hardware problem. If that one still doesn't work I guess that card is incompatible with my hardware.

I really hope it works, cos I'm getting pretty fed up of all this reinstalling and trying. I really want to capture personal home videos and burn those to CDs.

I'll keep ya posted.

With kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Hey Woolly,

Well, the card turned out to be a DUD! :-( Got a new one, and it works like a charm! LOVE IT! I'm one happy camper!

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you again for replying. I've poster around 170 messages of which about 5 were questions. you were the first to respond.

Don't know what it is with my questions, or maybe its my avatar that scares em away. Thanks dude! :)

With kind regards,

Willem Moolenaar
The Netherlands

Yo

Glad u got it sorted :eek:)
Have fun with the VCR-CD transfers, below is a link that I have found absolutely brilliant for all answers with capturing/encoding and all things so related.

Pinnacle are the worst company ever for ingoring problems with their sotware and hardware, i spent MANY, MANY hours ploughing through the forum and FAQ sections of their site trying to sort out a problem that I had. I sent them 5 emails and got 0 replies!!

I sold the hardware and use my "back-up" studio8 ;o) for a while thereafter untill I discovered that the software that came free with my MSI 4800 was much more stable and has a built in CD burner.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back