PIII 1ghz dual or PIV 2.0ghz?

N

nosaj

Ok, I have some extra $$$ that is just burning me up and I want an opinion as to what to buy.

I can either buy a PIII 1ghz dual (Abit vp6) or I can buy a PIV 2.0ghz (abit or asus?).

I love playing games but when I am not playing graphic intensive games I have multiple IE6 sessions open along with winamp playing. I have a PIII 800mhz currently and when I multitask with winamp playing it always skips when I have so many sites open (along with Photoshop or Premiere running).

I have a GeForce 4 4200 and I plan to have at least 512m ram no matter which Mobo I buy.

What do you guys think? PIV or PIII Dual? Would the PIV be fast enough and be able to handle my multitasking? I have yet to use a PIV.

Thanks

nosaj

I would go with the PIV with the faster bus and Rambus ram.(My choice)

sorry...no AMD

Sorry, I appreciate the suggestion of using AMD but I am sticking with INTEL for now. No offense to you guys who swear by AMD. I

Thanks though [cpk]

nosaj

just tryin to help:)

and im not one of those that swears by it:).....whatever works:)

No need for duel processers

Hey,
I would go for a P4 NORTHWOOD with 533 mhz bus.
I have an abit here and im more then pleased with it if that helps you.

I wouldnt bother with duel processers. *CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG HERE PEOPLE* but i dont think that theres many games that support or benifit from duel processers. Photoshop + other paint progs alike do as far as i know, and Quake 3 of cause (mabe other games that use q3a/q3ta engin do?) but its not that many.

Ric

he is correct, the app has to be written for a multi processor environment to use it properly. if it is not the second processor just sits there most of the time waiting for threads it never gets

unless you do autocad, heavy photoshop, or building a database or mail server you'd prob get best benefit buying a p4 system as it will be much more upgradeable in the future also.

check new Intel boards..... they have 478 pin support for 2.6GHz +, ddr memory, usb 2.0, 533 bus etc.....all i use, never had one go bad....cannot say that for abit, will never buy another

definatly the p4, go for the best u can if u have the money cus the rest of your system don't sound 2 bad (gefore 4 512 ram etc)

that way it'll save u having 2 upgrade again in the near futre.

take the p4 2ghz 533 bus
probably throw in some rambus with it
and u got a fine pc
the duel p3 1ghz wont do u much good

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back