Picture in Start menu?? HOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IceDane

Hi

Newbie here.... can anyone help me placing a picture in the start menu (when u click on start, the menu rolls out, and all I can see is my name on top of the menu itself). I cannot seem to get a picture next to my login name... seen it done at a friends house... buut I cannot figure it out!. Can u help me? I would really make my day!

TIA!

Go to your Control Panel and click on User Accounts , then Change a user account , then click on your name, in there you can add a picture.

It's one of your options.
sunny.gif

Have done that...

but I still cannot see the picture except when logging in. I want the picture to appear next to my name on top of the start menu.... can you help me?

LadySunshine tells it all, I you have done that - thats it!!

Damn...

I think there is some mess with the rag. base... anyone who can help?

Are you running with Luna or classic? In classic, it doesnt show up.

Am running the Lunar version.... don't know

... what to do!

Sorry I have drawn a blank --- wait to see if our more advanced users can offer an alternative

:(

1.What are your logon settings? Are you using Classic style?

2. do you have the desktop set up to look like classic windows?

In those settings you can't do it like that. the only style that works is the windows xp settings. if you want the pictures you have to use the XP blue, silver or Olive green and cannot use the classic style of logons. Those are the only ones that I know of that let you have pictures there.

As long as your not using the classic menu option, click on Start and then just click on the picture. That will open the change picture properties.

To change from classic start menu to the new style, or vice versa, right click on a blank area of the taskbar> properties> 'start menu' tab. Set it from one to another there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back