Pics of Nvidia 6800

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political Access
LINK
LINK

From the looks of that GPU your power supply should be no slouch.

Attachments

• GF68001.jpg
    GF68001.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 92
  • GF68002.jpg
    GF68002.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 120
Yup two dual molex conn. Im feeling at least a 480W.

its does not need a huge PSU people it just needs a good one that can dish out the amps that is all so there is no need to go more than a 420 but u just need to get a good one

canadian_divx said:
its does not need a huge PSU people it just needs a good one that can dish out the amps that is all so there is no need to go more than a 420 but u just need to get a good one
Know that buddy. New cards are coming so we are all excited. Ive built enough PC's to know that some 350 PS hold a better load than some so called 420 PS.

I'd still feel safer with a higher wattage but good PSU. i already fried a GeForce 4 Ti4200 due to the fact that my Sony Vaio had what i believe was a 250W in it. when i e-mailed Sony to ask what size PSU it had, they said they could not disclose that information to me. go figure.

it's probably because Sony didn't know which PSU was in it. When building computers, they probably just bought whichever PSU they could get cheapest, and was above a certain wattage.

Goatman, you'd expect them to know what size PSU was in which model computer if you TELL them the model number, wouldn't you?

ElementalDragon said:
Goatman, you'd expect them to know what size PSU was in which model computer if you TELL them the model number, wouldn't you?
Sonys full of **** at times.
Also the 6800 is suppose to be a one slot solution.

ElementalDragon said:

No because it would vary, they'd have a general idea, they'd know it was over a certain wattage, was made by a certain few manufacturers. But they won't know exactly, unless they ran the serial number... and what the odds they'd actually keep track of which serial numbers had which PSU.... not very good...

I would never want to own that card... the nVidia cards seem to be.... brute force needing too many resources... the Radeons seem to be a much more polished product.

What I don't get is why it would need two molex plugs. If you're just going to use a splitter on the end of the PSU cable to split into two seperate plugs then what difference would it make if you had one plugged in or two?

patrick said:
What I don't get is why it would need two molex plugs. If you're just going to use a splitter on the end of the PSU cable to split into two seperate plugs then what difference would it make if you had one plugged in or two?
maybe it's a bad idea to split it then. ;)

It's probably going to be a while before I get a new card so I'll be able to see teh best of both nVidia and ATi before I get a new one. Till then I'll stick w/ my 9600pro. :)

NerdUprising said:
6800 preview goodness

This thing actually scares me... I can't even imagine the heat it produces (I'm not interested in 3rd-degree-burn-esque temps flying out of my case... :eek: )
Well the 12 pipeline version(non-ultra) since its suppose to be single slot will not kick out that much heat.
Also Sazar has an official NV40 thread up with some better reviews. Check it out mate.

Just on the subject of molex connectors, I haven't done anything crazy like try and hookup 6 HDDs all split from the same PSU molex cable but does that mean that we actually have to be careful not to hook up too many devices up to the one individual cable coming from the PSU and ensure that you don't use too many splitters etc?
For example my FX5900 came with a splitter cable, should I actually be considering not using the splitter to have the video card share with another HDD or anything else with high power requirements?

patrick said:
Just on the subject of molex connectors, I haven't done anything crazy like try and hookup 6 HDDs all split from the same PSU molex cable but does that mean that we actually have to be careful not to hook up too many devices up to the one individual cable coming from the PSU and ensure that you don't use too many splitters etc?
For example my FX5900 came with a splitter cable, should I actually be considering not using the splitter to have the video card share with another HDD or anything else with high power requirements?
Well probably depends more on your PSU and how many amps you get on each rail more then anything. With a cheaper PSU or just one w/ lower amps your probably gonna have to use different molex rather then 1 w/ a splitter I would think. But I'm not exactly sure on the rating but I'm sure someone that does know will come and correct me if needed. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back