Picked up a new mobo

hey taurus the best timings for the nforce2 boards is 2-2-2-11, you could try that and tell us how you go :)

NiSMo

NiSMo said:
hey taurus the best timings for the nforce2 boards is 2-2-2-11, you could try that and tell us how you go :)
*points to [edit] on last post*
;)

Taurus said:
doom and raja: i'm assuming his pc2700 memory is set to "auto" in his bios, thus it will always run at 333mhz. so when the fsb is pushed up to 400, it and the memory are then running asynchronously and a buffer is implemented and latency goes up.
if he got pc3200, then they could both run at 400mhz in harmony.

doom:, you could try overclocking your pc2700 to pc3200. it's not uncommon. up to you. change your memory setting to "100%" or 1:1 so that it will be synch'd with your fsb. then move your fsb up in 5-10mhz increments. and see if it'll make it to 400 (200 in bios, probably). remember to lower your multiplier so your cpu's core doesn't become the limiter.

raja: interesting, i'll try it.... but do you mean RAS (Row Address Strobe) or RCD (RAS to CAS access)?
[edit] nevermind, i gotcha. well, i changed it and got a ~0.5% increase. the RAS 11 test was done after a fresh restart, so that might explain the small change. but, at the same time, it sure didn't go down like you would think from setting a much higher latency.

do you have some more info on this? i'll try it on my friend's 400fsb a7n8x later.

Here you go...

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=133

Is there anyway I can overclock my 2800 to a 3000? I can't seem to sus it out.

Doom said:
what fsb are you running? if 167, change your multiplier from 12.5 to 13.

Every thing is set on default. The fsb is 166. Tried what you suggested but no joy

so changing the multipleir doesn't give any results? still boots as 2067mhz, huh? well, then you have a locked processor, buddy. sorry to say, but amd recently started locking all their new bartons. :(

your only overclocking option is through the fsb.

That's pretty weird. With my old mobo (gigabyte GA-7VAX) I could get it up to a 3000xp. Mind you it was pretty unstable.

Doom said:
Ok thank's. Do you think it'll be worth upgrading to that from my 2800?
Ask EP when he does it :p (Believe he is also on the 2800+, like all of us he appreciates bangs for bucks, so to speak :p )

Doom said:
I believe Hybrid found a way - but it ended in doom.... see here for the (maybe) gory details.... of course it does depen on his sig being *cough* accurate *cough* :eek:

(PS Hybrid is my buddy, or so my computer tells me)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back