pickafan

Bootsy

Huh?
Its time once again (I love it) when I will upgrade my pc. Well, I'm actually building a new one so I need some help from people that might actually have this setup. I'm getting an AMD XP2100+ and wonder which heatsink/fan is best (and not noisy), thanx for the comments

I would only go with H2O with an AMD due to their heat characteristics. Something like a product from Swiftech. If you insist on air-cooled the Volcano 7 is choice.

yea xsiv, thats the one i was looking at getting =]
anyone heard anything bout the volcano9?

Nice case and good power supply. I got a SX1040B Antec (not aluminum) and paid more although, the power supply is by Antec.

Snook: yea man, my buddy bought that same case (not aluminum) for like 160 last year. Gotta love the price drops =]
but then again, it'll probably be costing under $50 in a few months hehehe

I don't know if it's loud. I run 4 Delta's in my case and they are loud (got the case in the other room). Anything, compared to a Delta 80X38 80cfm is quiet to my standards.:D

Originally posted by Bootsy
is the 7+ loud?
High 6000rpm@47 dB(A)
Medium 4800rpm@35 dB(A)
Low 3000rpm@24 dB(A)

It would most likely stay in the medium to low range.

coooooool I just got my new motherboard last week and installed it. Happy to say that I upgraded back to windoze xp. I used to have a VIA chipset mobo and because of my gf4 and nvidia detonator drivers I was getting the infinite loop error. I gave up trying to fix it after trying EVERYTHING. Now I need a new CPU, fans, heatsink, DDR memory and I'll be set...gotta love credit cards

any suggestions for case fans? how many? what kind? are they loud? hehe I appreciate the help guys. I missed you all during those 2 weeks of windows 2000 =]

I use ADDA 80mm 50CFM fans, move a lot of air without being to loud.

I have two 80mm intakes in the front .. two 80mm intakes on the side (with filters) .. one 80mm exhaust on top of the case plus the two in the P/S. Also an ADDA 90mm 60CFM fan on the heatsink.

ALpha PAL8045T

The ALpha PAL8045T is better than the Volcano 7 IMO. I've got it running on my Athlon XP 1700+ with a Panaflo 80mm fan and my temps are 34c Idle easily. I have had 0 probs with the heatsink other than it not fitting perfectly on my Asus A7V266E. I'm gonna have to do some trimming because right now it's resting against a capacitor and I really don't like it. Other than that I have no complaints and would recommend it to anyone looking for an excellent cooling solution.

Get the bare heatsink for 39 bucks here

Originally posted by Bootsy
Its time once again (I love it) when I will upgrade my pc. Well, I'm actually building a new one so I need some help from people that might actually have this setup. I'm getting an AMD XP2100+ and wonder which heatsink/fan is best (and not noisy), thanx for the comments

ive used noise control sivlerado hsf...good and quiet
using an akasa silver mountain2 with an 80mm fan...works even better....

i go for quieter hsf combos so i dont mind my temps bein a lil on the high side.....also its very hot here so not much else cept go water coolin or vapochill:)

i usually run around 50~55c full load
57 if its around 90degrees F outside

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back