• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Physical Dump Error Randomly

Hi All

I have just Put in some new ram 512mb to be infact, i used just to hav 2x 255mb now i hav that plus 512mb giving me 1000mb ram, however when im playin some games or been on the internet over 3 hrs my comp just used to carryon as normal untill it came to shut down then i got a blue screen sayin Physical Dump Error, i could cope wit that, But since i put this 512mb in aswell i get blue screens at random, all Physical Dump errors? usually when im on the net or playin C&C Generals? i restarted my comp and sent the reoprt to MS Last nite an they sed it was my Smlink Drivers that caused the one that happens wen i shutdown, and fair enough the drivers fixed it but today i got 3 Blue Screens? so i Went inside my comp and swapped over the slots the ram were in, so now its 512,256,256 n i havnt had one in a while.....

I take it the errors r ram Related?

Also ms doesnt know wat my problem is when i send the report.

Pls Help

So is it my 512mb ram? or is it all of it? i can hav the 2x 256 replaced via warranty n i can take 512mb bk to pc world, i think i should do both, is it a ram prob tho or a os?

Pls Help

S

SmkyB

You need to download a utility called MEMTEST86, it creates a boot disk that runs the best memory checking utility I have seen. To test which stick is bad pull the memory a test one stick at a time. If all the memory tests good in the first slot try different slots just to make sure you don't a bad memory slot.

I Removed my 2x 256's n ive had no problems wat so ever, so its gota b one of them, im gona test um druing the week, n then get another 512 :)

Thanx

Bugger looks as tho it is that 512 i brought cos it crash again however im gona check the other rams 2

Where can i get MEMTEST86?

S

SmkyB

Yes, I am sure it will work with your system and this test is what is going to help determine if it is memory or OS or other problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies