phpBB on windows server 2000

codementor

OSNN Junior Addict
I would like to install phpBB 2.0 on a windows 2000 server on my network, so that network users can access this locally as a method of communicating over the network in addition to email. This needs to be available to about 200 people on site, which is managed by 3 NT domain controllers. Clients are mostly running W2k, XP.

So I install W2k Advanced Server, MSSQL 2000, and IIS and other stuff.

When I run install.php it just opens the source code in IE (ver 5.0).

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or if I need extra software (can only be free stuff). Haven't even started to look at the nightmare of using mssql yet.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I would recommend getting PHP5, phpBB should work with it. This is for 2 reasons

1) PHP4 is End Of Life from beginning of 2008
2) PHP4 Win32 is a royal pain in the arse to make work with MySQL 4.1+

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back