phpBB on windows server 2000

codementor

OSNN Junior Addict
I would like to install phpBB 2.0 on a windows 2000 server on my network, so that network users can access this locally as a method of communicating over the network in addition to email. This needs to be available to about 200 people on site, which is managed by 3 NT domain controllers. Clients are mostly running W2k, XP.

So I install W2k Advanced Server, MSSQL 2000, and IIS and other stuff.

When I run install.php it just opens the source code in IE (ver 5.0).

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong, or if I need extra software (can only be free stuff). Haven't even started to look at the nightmare of using mssql yet.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I would recommend getting PHP5, phpBB should work with it. This is for 2 reasons

1) PHP4 is End Of Life from beginning of 2008
2) PHP4 Win32 is a royal pain in the arse to make work with MySQL 4.1+

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nodee