PHP/mySQL seeing double??

Zedric

NTFS Guru
I think my PHP/mySQL is drunk... It's seeing double. I can't use phpMyAdmin since any SQL request I do (remove data, insert data, edit data) in a form will be doubled when submitted. I also found this problem when I installed phpBB. I added the attachment mod in order to attach files. Then I tried it. I wrote a post and attached a file (somewhat different procedure to this forum). The file showed as two files. I pressed Preview to look at the post. The posted showed the file four times inline. I pressed Submit. The post now had eight (!!) attached files inline. There was however just one post.

It seems the problem occurs when information in a form is submitted and used with the database.

WTF is this? I've tried reinstalling PHP and mySQL using apt-get, but it doesn't help. :confused:

The machine is the server in my sig (Zoidberg):
PHP 4.2.2
mySQL 3.23.56
Apache 2.0.40

Help? :(

that would be PHP being drunk I think. The MySQL and apache should be OK, dunno how to fix it though, maybe a recompile of PHP?

The thing is, if I recompile PHP it ends up in the totally wrong place in the file system afaik. Apache did anyway...

Ok, uninstalled and reinstalled PHP. No difference. A little example from phpMyAdmin here:

first.png

second.png

third.png

Annoying? Yes.

I cant think of anything else, the only way you could mess with the MySQL if you had to would be to write the SQL yourself then get phpMyAdmin to run it

you have Red hat 8, but yet you are using apt-get? Am i confused here, but Debian has apt-get, RH has rpm's. Just install the RPM's.

Redhat also has apt-get nowadays. It uses RPM:s instead of Debian packages. Since I need to mess with dependancies and all when I install RPM:s manually I don't want to do that. apt-get handles that by itself.

I tried to install mySQL 4.10 by RPM but it wanted some libs that I had no idea where to find...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back