PHP MVC Tutorial series

LordOfLA

Godlike!
Those of you looking to take steps towards MVC development with PHP may want to take a look at the following tutorial I found linked from nettuts:

CodeIgniter and Doctrine from scratch.Day 1 – Install and Setup. | PHP and Stuff

It details how to integrate Doctrine which is a database ORM much like ActiveRecord is in Ruby on Rails to the CodeIgniter MVC framework. Doctrine thereby replaces the M part of the CodeIgniter stack. From my reading around Doctrine appears to be one of (if not) the best ORM libraries for PHP at the moment.

Enjoy!

I personally prefer the Zend Framework for my PHP MVC development, check out the quickstart: Zend Framework

I find that it is cleaner, generally uses less resources and contains everything I need and I can leave out what I don't need. It doesn't have the same CRUD type of functionality but for most things I have found it unnecessary.

IMO Zend is too loose for people just getting started out in PHP MVC. A stricter framework such as CI may be better for starting out. It's not hard to adapt later on.

There is also CakePHP and Symfony both are also excellent MVC frameworks.

indeed. I prefer CI over Cake myself. There's also Kohana which is building on CI.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back