[PHP] Get the page where the script is loaded from.

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Is there any way for a PHP script to see where it is loaded from? For example, the script in my signature is loaded from a different server than NTFS.org, is there a function or something available in PHP that can tell the script it is loaded from NTFS.org?

Looks like there are some bugs in it :lol: What is your provider then?

Freeserve Broadband, unless they use that instead......................

*goes to see*

yeah my whois shows up as Henyman@*******.c5.dsl.pol.co.uk

so it's right..........but not :p

I assume everyone connecting with Freeserve connects through pol.co.uk, so I shall hack up the script.

pol.co.uk is actually the energis network whom freeserve use servers from. I'm sure that other ISP's also use the energis network. So your script was originally correct in suggesting that pol.co.uk was the ISP, as it's the network Heny is connecting via.

With regards to the question, if I understood correctly, just use the referrer variable.
PHP:
$HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];

http://uk2.php.net/reserved.variables

Oh, but be warned that some builds of IE do not send a referrer header, therefore you'll need a default "Don't know" value :)

Also some internet security and firewall software will block it from being sent, again, possibly only in IE, but possibly also in third party browsers.

i'm not using mozilla i use ie6 :p

don't think you can do much about my isp it says btopenworld, but im btinternet, i have the feeling thats the way things are with that as i never see btinternet come up on any of those lil apps to tell us what we already know :)

recognises IE here no problem :)

attachment.php

Glad it works ok. I am in the process of making a service like Audio Tracker. Coming soon.

Wouldn't it be cooler if it said what music I was listening to? :D
Good luck on that one. ;)

I am working on that, Zedric ;) I am currently building a script that should do just that. All you need is Winamp 2.x or higher (not 3) and music :)

The script is done, I am now writing a guide on how to set up the DoSomething plugin.
Does anyone know of other plugins like DoSomething, which can send out costumized URLs whenever a song changes? This is for people who use other players than Winamp.

suppose you'd have to check the relevant site's for the players...

Also you can grab my guide that I wrote over at X-Istence.com and alter it .. will save you time ;) :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back