[PHP] Get the page where the script is loaded from.

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Is there any way for a PHP script to see where it is loaded from? For example, the script in my signature is loaded from a different server than NTFS.org, is there a function or something available in PHP that can tell the script it is loaded from NTFS.org?

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
pol.co.uk is actually the energis network whom freeserve use servers from. I'm sure that other ISP's also use the energis network. So your script was originally correct in suggesting that pol.co.uk was the ISP, as it's the network Heny is connecting via.

With regards to the question, if I understood correctly, just use the referrer variable.
PHP:
$HTTP_SERVER_VARS['HTTP_REFERER'];
http://uk2.php.net/reserved.variables

SPeedY_B

Oh, but be warned that some builds of IE do not send a referrer header, therefore you'll need a default "Don't know" value :)

Also some internet security and firewall software will block it from being sent, again, possibly only in IE, but possibly also in third party browsers.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
i'm not using mozilla i use ie6 :p

don't think you can do much about my isp it says btopenworld, but im btinternet, i have the feeling thats the way things are with that as i never see btinternet come up on any of those lil apps to tell us what we already know :)

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I am working on that, Zedric ;) I am currently building a script that should do just that. All you need is Winamp 2.x or higher (not 3) and music :)

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
The script is done, I am now writing a guide on how to set up the DoSomething plugin.
Does anyone know of other plugins like DoSomething, which can send out costumized URLs whenever a song changes? This is for people who use other players than Winamp.

SPeedY_B

suppose you'd have to check the relevant site's for the players...

Also you can grab my guide that I wrote over at X-Istence.com and alter it .. will save you time ;) :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut