[PHP] Enable Do not store passwords questions

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

Sorry haven't been around much, work is very busy lately.

I know that this might be a longshot, but I'll ask anyway.

Anyways, I have this little freeware proggie that enables me to access my files through a web browser. It is a webpage UI that I enter a username/password. The only I don't like what it does is store the user/pass in the machine that I am using.

Is there some line of code that I can use to disable this cookie feature, kinda of like my ebank web site?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

Wouldn't it be an application specific question to this little freeware proggie you are using? Unless I am understanding it wrong - what is it called?

I did forget to mention that I have posted on the author's support forums twice since the beginning of the year about this, but I have not had any responses both times. So I thought that I might try here.

I don't know if it is specific to this proggie, or it's general php coding.

The proggie is called PHPFileNavigator It is freeware.

http://pfn.sourceforge.net/index.php?opc=1&lg=ing

Heeter

I am roughly 99.9% sure it is related to the app itself - if you are looking for a similar function why not build an FTP server? There are freeware apps out there for that as well.

The source code for the program is coded in Spanish, so my readability is restricted, but I couldn't find any mention or use of cookies in the script.

The script reads

_GET
_POST
_SESSION
_FILES
_SERVER
_ENV

I didn't find any mention of _COOKIE or HTTP_COOKIE_VARS

You might want to view source and see if there is any javascript setting cookies.

[edit] aha

It is set through javascript

Scripts.js

You might be able to just comment out everything inside the

PFN_createCookie
and
PFN_readCookie

functions

Ha it worked,

Thanks Bud,

The browser still asks to remember the password, I hit "No", then I go check for cookies and they're not there, cool. When I hit "Yes" it still didn't show up.

Will run more tests tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back