Photoshop Question

R

ReC0iL

I am having trouble using the Polygonal Lasso Tool.... I am trying to make an interface table and I don't know how to cut out the sections I want. Ok I started out by drawing a square in the middle of my image. I am trying to use Polygonal Lasso Tool to cut out little sections of the square so I can have the shape of table I want. But I am not sure on how to cut it out when I have it selected. I tried to push delete while one of the corners was selected but it said that the layer is not directly editable. Can anyone help me?

When you use the Polygon Lasso Tool, make sure the last click you make is at the point you first started. This will create a defined selected area. Then make sure you've selected the correct layer in the Layer palette (the layer that contains the part of the image you want to crop). If you hit the delete button after that, it should work.

Hey guys I am having trouble doingthis tutorial... I can't seem to get it to cut with the Polygonal Lasso Tool... I tried to press delete but that doesn't work... Can anyone help me?

Please do not cross post.

Threads Merged.

~PseudoKiller

NetRyder is correct ...The tutorial is simple enough and it sounds like you are not selecting the correct layer.

Oh sorry about that other post I posted in coding and design and it just kept disapearing so I tried to post again... and I just figured out that jewelzz moved it :p

Hmmmm... It's still not working... I have my background... my square... Did the lasso thing where I end where I begin... and it's selected when I try to delete it... Wierd it still says "Could not complete your request because the content of the layer is not directly editable."

is the square on the background or on another layer ??

I drew the square on the background and I see that it created a new layer automatically... But it's still a part of the background I think...

Make a selection with a laso tool, select a layer where u wanna make the cut, and press delete. It doesnt matter if the layer is locked, all that matters is that u selected the correct layer ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back